Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2000-2004 F-Sport Bumper Group Buy

116K views 535 replies 59 participants last post by  Alex Arce 
#1 · (Edited)

EVERYONE HAS BEEN ASKING ME TO MAKE THIS INFAMOUS BUMPER IN DURAFLEX FOR QUITE SOMETIME NOW. SO DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO GET AN AMAZING DEAL!!​

Extreme Dimensions' new Duraflex premium aerodynamics combine fiberglass, plastic, and flex resins to obtain its unique features. The new Duraflex technology obtains a much higher durability rate than the average fiberglass product, resulting in reduced shipping damages up to 75%. Duraflex products feature a black primer finish, high quality mesh grille, hardware kit, and an installation guide to help you install the product. This revolutionary product allows you to receive a premium fiberglass product at an affordable price. Due to high consumer demand, our entire fiberglass line of 5,000 products have been converted to the new Duraflex technology.

Requirements:
1. 50% Non- Refundable Deposit will be required towards the end of the GB.

2. Production of the front bumper will begin towards the end of the GB. (Expect 4-6 months for the items to arrive to us)

3. Minimum 5 buyers needed.

Shipping:

Local buyers are more then welcome to come to the warehouse to avoid shipping costs.

Pricing:

MSRP for just the Front Bumper alone: $265.00 NOT SHIPPED + APPROX $167 For Shipping.

Breakdown for the F-Sport Bumper:
5-10 = $352.50 Shipped
Picked up from ED: $199.88 Incl. Taxes

11-15 = $339.25 Shipped
Picked up from ED: $185.60 Incl. Taxes

16+ = $326.00 Shipped
Picked up from ED: $171.32 Incl. Taxes​

If you want to be in the GB please post your: UserName / Shipping Zip Code

i.e. Extreme Dimensions / 92833

Group Buy: 2000-2004 Ford Focus F-Sport Front Bumper
1. Mile30 / 21157 **DEPOSIT INFO RECEIVED** Money Order Received.
2. cboyd-svt / 04619 **DEPOSIT INFO RECEIVED**
3. Importkilla35 / 60804 **DEPOSIT INFO RECEIVED** Combine??
4. Justin svt / 04619 **DEPOSIT INFO RECEIVED**
5. DirtKonaZX3 / 77520 **TOTALED HIS FOCUS [:(]**
-=GB Confirmed=-
6. all motor focus / Pickup
7. hurricanefloyd41 / 19070 **DEPOSIT INFO RECEIVED** Waiting on Phone Call.
8. autobotzx3 / 80110
9. LD5050 / 75650 **DEPOSIT INFO RECEIVED**
10. xsuicidesn0wmanx / 60085 **DEPOSIT INFO RECEIVED** Combine??
-=Break in Price=-
11. blackcervini / 30802
12. Blr03ZX5 / 23455
13. Oleh Dub / 48307
-=Break in Price=-

K. Tai
Extreme Dimensions
1-888-611-AERO
1-714-278-8000 EXT 19
khurramt@extremedimensions.com
w w w . e x t r e m e d i m e n s i o n s . c o m

See less See more
#511 ·
Lolol I still don't know how people can ask about this bumper! So many of us claim the exact same thing...

Thank God Tom intervene and I was able to get a partial refund to accommodate cost..

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

#513 ·
You haven't read the thread have you? This bumper has major fitment issues. It will require major modification to fit properly. If you have a shop do it expect to spend $500+ easy just to get it to fit. And that is without even painting it. If you are really good with fiberglass then you could do the mods yourself. I suggest you read through the last couple pages before you make the purchase.

Also GPWerks over on FJ is suppose to be making these using the original F2 molds and will be in urethane. Of course it might be another 6 months before they get them out. Maybe sooner?

#514 ·
My god that is incredibly bad....how the hell could they not see the bumper was a whole foot wider than the car? Mine isnt perfect but I dont recall it being that far off. I'm still not even sure if I'll ever get mine put on, my cars falling apart faster than I can put it back together, I might have to sell mine. Its just sitting in the bubblewrap up in the garage.

If anyone wants to buy it off me make me an offer, i'll consider anything reasonable.

Overall though, I would also agree that if anyone has any desire to get anything from ED, the experience with this bumper was bad enough I will never ever buy from them again, not even for $1.

#515 ·
On second thought....

On second thought....went back to look at pics i took after it first came in. At first I had hope that it wouldnt be too terribly hard to get fixed up since I live relatively close to LouBomb due to the chicago connection. But looking back at everyones pics, I can see that I dont have as much of a problem as Mile does, but theres enough that I'm not sure this thing would ever fit w/out paying more than the cost to ship a true RS bumper over the atlantic.

#516 ·
You can install it of course But it will be way to tight.. And stress cracks will form almost immediately... Given the tightness the bumper will have no flex so if you bump something expect a crack... Another issue is that it has to be pulled in so much the bottom flares out.. Without brackets flaring will be an issue...

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

#517 ·
I'm still not even sure what I'm going to do with it, I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep the car. It's become such a challenge just to keep it running. If I hadn't already dumped a bunch of money into this thing it would have been gone months ago. Almost as many parts still to put on the car as is already on it. ;\

#518 ·
My name’s Irving, and I am the new Forum Sales Rep here at Extreme Dimensions.

I am ready to assist you guys in any way possible, so for those of you with questions, fire away.

Those of you with quote requests, PM me for the best prices!

Thanks,
Irving “the new guy”

#519 ·
I STILL want to commit seppaku! I bought-in because based on that first post where they show the test fitting: it looks like a simple install! What you get it is a project that even at $500+ at a body shop; the tech doing the work would call it a nightmare...

This bastard project is sitting in the basement mocking me. I shot some video with my bruddah, and we tried fitting it while the camera was rolling; I'll try and snag that video to show you all. At this point in the investment, I could've had genuine RS parts.

When you get the piece lined up with the fenders; the "flat" portion that runs along under the badge & grill kinda bubbles up... Inches of the middle are gonna need to be trimmed out and re-glassed, THEN smoothed and painted. I used quote-fingers on the word FLAT because the thing didn't look lumpy until I got it painted... Looks like cellulite!

#521 ·
Right now I consider mine a financial loss, it isn't even worth the cost to ship it back to them, even for a replacement that actually fits half decent. Although I might still try to salvage it since I know how well LouBombs turned out, and living near Chicago I can hopefully get the same work done by people who already know the challenges ahead. But if the cost to get that done is even 50% the cost for getting a genuine RS bumper, I'll have this p.o.s. on the BST forum.

#522 ·
Sadly, This Thing Flopped And Flopped Hard..Obviously..
Do We Really Need To Keep Beating The Proverbial DeadHorse?
Maybe They Can Save Face And Make Something Worth-While... But I Doubt It If We Keep On Harping On This...

But Take My Advice With A Grain Of Salt..

#523 ·
I just got off the phone (well text really) with Irving....

the F-Sport Front Bumper WILL BE FOR SALE for the 05+ focus here in a few months.

And yes, I mentioned the very obvious and imediate fitment issue as every one can see on page 51. here is what he said....

Irving: So far it is just the front bumper. Yes, we will be doing test fitting on customer vehicles to ensure everything fits as it should.

So please spread the word to the other focus guys out there, and lets give ED another chance... maybe they can make up for the past....

#524 ·
I wouldn't bother wasting my money. I've got much more important things to spend money on.

You can clearly see in the first post, of them test fitting the bumper on a customers car, did it help. Nope they still sold people crapy fitment and caused people to waste their money.

#525 ·
The test fit they did was of the F2 urethane replica iirc. It was not of their Fsport bumper. To my knowledge I do not know of them actually test fitting the actual finished product to a car. If they could actual fit one on a mk1 to see the flaring for themselves then; if they wanted to, they could cut and reglass the corners to eliminate the flare so it fit properly. Then refit to verify a true proper fit and then send it back out to be molded, produced and then once back test fit the revised product. Everyone found out the duraflex could not handle the amount of flex needed to pull the sides in for proper look so the above steps are the only thing they can really do if they hope to continue to sell it.

#526 ·
Ill send em mine if they send me a urethane version or even CF version lol

Sent from the Tardis using Tapatalk-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.