Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Weighed my car yesterday......

39K views 255 replies 57 participants last post by  StephenElsbree1986 
#1 ·
WITHOUT me in it, and minimal cleaning stuff. How it rolls every day.

DRUMROLL.........

2,660 lbs.

Stuff that adds weight over no optioned SVTF:
-Moonroof
-Audiophile box (w/amp still on it)
-Kicker CVR 8" sub
-Kicker 100W amp
-JBL Front and rear Speakers
-CODESVT Harness bar
-2" Racing harness
-the wal-mart took kit I always carry

Stuff that removes weight from my car:
-APC CF hood
-Rear seats removed
-17LB Excel rims
-Removed shift weight ([rofl]...what, it's "weight")

not to shabby......just thought you would like to know.

here's a pict of the inside for an idea:

See less See more
#221 ·
well I've got 2 bucket seats that are almost 1/2 of what the factory front seats weigh, and basically removed everything behind the 2 front seats. I still have the headliner/carpet I could take out I guess. other than that, just the little pieces of sound deadening tar. not sure how heavy that stuff is [dunno]

#226 ·
factor in suspension, possible tranny, engine weight differences, sunroof, extra wiring, spoiler. defrost, exhaust, cat, and you will find your extra weight (interior included), wheels.

my orp weighs about 10lbs or so, the oem cat weighes like 30lbs probably, its a heavy SOB.

i have tons of shit out of my car and need to weigh it before the pwsc goes on.

No rear bumper beam, windshield washer bottle and pump and all lines taken out., all door cards, headliner, spare tire and jack, all seatbelt and rear seats taken out, all bolts, brackets, trim. lightweight flywheel, sts (hey it weighs less than stock), the hatch trim, rear wiper motor and arm delete, all sound deadening on roof, qp's, trunk.

oh and i have plenty to go till im finished.

#227 ·
So pretty much you're driving a shell with a windshield...I would never in a million years take off the washer bottle and pump...have you ever driven where it gets cold and you need washer fluid to keep your windshield from freezing over?

I hope your ORP doesn't weigh 10 lbs. Feels pretty weightless to me. Stock cat may be close to 30, but I think it's less.

#228 ·
live in dfw.
just got 11" of snow not too long ago.
when i had my 2.5" orp it weighed 8lbs from cfm.

now i have a 3" orp.

keep and ice scrapper around, or a can of de-icer.
last time i check it only gets like that a few times a year

#229 ·
Hmm, guess I don't know my own strength...felt like 5 lbs to me.

I just think taking off such a simple thing as washer fluid is a bit excessive.

#230 ·
Hmm, guess I don't know my own strength...felt like 5 lbs to me.

I just think taking off such a simple thing as washer fluid is a bit excessive.
I agree. But in the same sense, when people remove their AC, and all interior including speakers, headliner, center console etc, some consider that excessive. To each their own I guess.

#232 ·
sound deading tar comes out this weekend or sometime next week most likely.

#233 ·
sooo i worked on getting some old sound deadening out of the car.

i have more work to do to get more weight out. all airbags have been pulled out.
and the air bag control module and the wiring will be pulled also.

#235 ·
i am going to but idk what color to classify it as and i want it to blend perfect, i may just put the old cover back on and keep it smooth but idk yet

#238 ·
i have most of the sound deadening in a box.
i threw some of it away before i thought about keeping it all and weighing it.
its not a lot of weight but its deffinately weight that doesnt have to be there.
i will weigh it after i get done with all of it.

#237 ·
hm well i finally weighed my car at a truck stop, with me in it, half a tank of gas, my subs, and the ATX tranny the grand total is......

2992lbs LOL

#239 ·
the carpet alone weighed a good 30 lbs if not more.
it was pretty hefty. cause it has rubber coating on the bottom also.
just fyi

#241 ·
took more weight out, under the pedals (that area)
i have a box full of the sound deadening and i just throw it in there when im done pulling it.
it has maybe about 90% of the stuff i have pulled
and i went to move it and i lost my balance, it was heavier than i thought.
weighs probably close to 30lbs give or take. im no expert haha

finally got the passenger side air bag out weighs a good 7lb or so if not 10.
bracket holding the airbag= 1.5 lbs
air bag module = 1.5lbs i say
i will mess with the wiring and weigh that when i get time.

i have about 10lbs left of sound deadening needing removal.

there are also little rectangle sound deadening piece that stick to the floor pan and etc.
they are about 5-6" by 3" or so.
probably 10 or so total on the car, i know there were 2 on my old oem quarter panels, and two infront of the shift assembly.
and about 5 on the panel where the back seats usually go.

something i thought of today also is the amount of weight in clips, bolts, screws and everything that has came out of the car.
and the trim also.
it can really add up quite nicely but im doing all this just to add abotu 100lbs to the front end shortly (pwsc)
but it will be ok cause i will have some powerssss

i will get massives oem lightweight crank pulley to save 2.5lbs or so.

#242 ·
Hey all, quick question, and first question as i'm new here! Hope it's alright to just post away :p A lot of people have mentioned the removal of the spare tyre and jack, is that completely legal? I know a few people with it removed, just never been too sure about it.

#243 ·
Well, we don't know if it would be legal because very few of us are from the UK [:)]

It's legal in the US...if you get stranded on the side of the road because you voluntarily removed your own tire and jack, that's your problem.

#245 ·
So I finally got the chance to take my car to the scales…took it to the local land fill. The scale read in 20lb increments so im not sure how accurate it really is..

Result…2800lb with me in it and half tank of gas.

I drove on the scale and looked at the weight….it was fluctuating between 2780-2800-2820..so I just averaged it out at 2800.

#246 ·
any svt's out there that weigh less than 2,560 WITHOUT driver and 1/2 tank of gas? Trying to see what others have done. my headliner, and carpet, and maybe a few other things that aren't mechanically essential will hopefully be coming out within the next week or two.

#247 ·
I guess it would help if I gave more info. Sorry folks!

The car was 2800lbs with me in it…I'm about 190lbs…so 2610lbs +/- without me.

Items removed or replaced-

Removed back seats
Removed A/C
Corbeau FX1 Pro drivers seat
ORP
Braille 15lb Battery
Misc. parts/foam under hood

I think 2560 is def do-able. I think you and I have very similar plans for our cars and next years track season [thumb] I too want to get serious about the weight savings and start removing unnecessary stuff....

#248 ·
I think 2560 is def do-able. I think you and I have very similar plans for our cars and next years track season [thumb] I too want to get serious about the weight savings and start removing unnecessary stuff....
oh, I know it's do-able, because that's what I'm at now without me in it. lol

I was asking if there's anyone out there that's less than that (what I'm currently at), because I wanted to see what else they did to theirs, so I could do to mine.

Had my car on my buddy's lift a couple weeks ago, and he was able to very easily scrape off some of the sound deadening underneath the car. At this point, I could care less about the noise, since I already removed my radio and stuff, so I'm thinking I might go to town underneath the car as well. Every little bit adds up. I think getting it into the 2,400's without the driver and about 1/2 tank of gas would be SICK considering I should be built/boosted by early summer [headbang]

and yea, I think our plans are pretty similar. Can't wait to see what this season has in store for us! [cheers]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.