Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 193 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #1921
Salesguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 147626
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 Salesguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo411 View Post
Thanks very much! Those are the guys I want to hit hardest. I heard that the survey hurts the salesman hard too, but I guess he deserves it. It's not just the price thing, although he made no effort to help me when I asked point blank whether any negotiations had been conducted at all. He didn't know much of anything about the car--timing chain or belt? Where was the oil filter? Why does the website list three kinds of transmissions (AT, 6SP, Manual) for this model? etc... He incorrectly informed me that my insurance would cover me on the drive home when I knew it wouldn't (I didn't have comp/collision). And he was supposed to follow me home in my car to drop off my old car and get the down payment, but I ended up having to drive back to the dealership to do that myself because he had a customer.
The survey does hurt the salesperson. At our dealership, a few bad ones can get you fired. I can see that your a little miffed at them, but think about if you really want to take food off of someones table before you go through all of that trouble.

Just remember, even us Salesguys don't always know everything :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #1922
Ccrew
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 148578
What I Drive: 2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Ccrew Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salesguy View Post
I haven't checked in a few days but ST should still have 0% on 72 months plus some rebate. Offer them invoice minus rebates (or APR incentive if you like/qualify) and everyone will say OK and walk away happy.

Also, to be certain what rebates and incentives apply to you, I would have to have your zipcode.
Thanks. Mine is 22602, but the dealer is in a nearby state. Which applies?

What's the true status on ST rebates, seems all incentives list that not all apply to the ST?...
Old 03-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #1923
Salesguy
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
Thanks. Mine is 22602, but the dealer is in a nearby state. Which applies?

What's the true status on ST rebates, seems all incentives list that not all apply to the ST?...
Your rebates are determined by the zipcode that you live in.

Right now, an ST in your neck of the woods has 1750, regardless of where it is financed. There are some potentially eligible programs as well, like college student, military etc, that are going to be worth 500 and cant stack with each other.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #1924
Ccrew
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salesguy View Post
Your rebates are determined by the zipcode that you live in.

Right now, an ST in your neck of the woods has 1750, regardless of where it is financed. There are some potentially eligible programs as well, like college student, military etc, that are going to be worth 500 and cant stack with each other.
Thanks. I pulled the trigger on it tonight, seems that they may be working from a different sheet than you are on the 2013's. Got the car discounted $2.5k off sticker, $27.7k to 25.2k then another $2k in incentives, then 0% Ford financing for as long as I want up to 72mos, (supposedly the 72 good for 2013's) although I took 48. Appreciate the info. Rebates and financing were good until March 31 under current program.

Kept my 07 out of the deal.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #1925
Salesguy
Focus Enthusiast

Ah yea, I was looking at 14's
Old 03-19-2014, 03:51 AM   #1926
sprof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113150
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 sprof Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
then 0% Ford financing for as long as I want up to 72mos, (supposedly the 72 good for 2013's) although I took 48.
May I ask why you chose a shorter term?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #1927
Ccrew
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprof View Post
May I ask why you chose a shorter term?
Essentially it's a fiscal move. I have very little financed other than another car. Since FICO scores are derived from the amount of utilized credit anything above 50% of available balance is a hit to that score. So 48 months both puts me at the 50% mark earlier, but also clears the obligation earlier. Difference in payment was $279 vs $319 which to me was inconsequential - I blow that much at Starbucks in a month. If you look at financial planning you'll see that the 20/4/10 rule is generally recommended with a car purchase; 20% down, 4 years max, no more than 10% of income. So I'm doing 50% down, 4 years, and much less than 10%. Were it not the second car I'd have probably dropped it to 36 months or even 24, but alas, had to buy the other car a few months back due to giving my college attending daughter her mom's car for transportation (hers died) and buying my wife a new car.

In my younger years (I'm 57) I'd have been thrilled to pay $0 down and stretch it out, but as I've gotten older i really really don't like debt hanging around my neck.

Yeah, dealer couldn't quite comprehend not taking the 72 since it was "free" money but I really really don't like debt
Old 03-19-2014, 07:15 AM   #1928
sprof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113150
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 sprof Good Standing Member
Great thought process. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:06 AM   #1929
FirstAmericanCar
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 150722
What I Drive: Focus Hatch Ti

FF Reputation: 1 FirstAmericanCar Good Standing Member
New 2013 Titanium Grey

Got it for out the door of $22,400. I believe the package is 300A. I have RV Camera, Nav, Sunroof and all that good stuff

College students rebate helped out a little as well.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 AM   #1930
hangarbornslum
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 151010
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey Manual SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 hangarbornslum Good Standing Member
Bought a 14 se HB through the military exchange program. Got a sterling 5sp manual HB. Sport pkg.and moon roof. Had 3k TTL wrapped into loan. Price was 22k. Ended up being 18.5k after rebates. So essiently 15.5-16k before TTL. Is this a fairly decent deal?

Bookmarks & Social Networks