Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Porsche Boxster

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  coleslaststand 
#1 ·
Last week I was at work and decided to go out for lunch. I jumped in my car and my co-worker/friend decided to come along. We're cruising along and my friend turns to me and tells me to get over into the right lane. I said why. He said, so you can race this porsche coming up on your left. I knew that porsche boxster's not the S model run 14's depending on the driver. With the modifications I have (Aem Cai, Orp, HKS catback) I knew I might have a chance. First of all I didn't know if this dude was going to race. So I let him gun it first. He did and then I punched it. I immediately pulled up right next to him at the end of first. When I hit second I pulled half a car length on him. We raced to 70 mph and I had to stop because there were cars parked on the side of the road. This goes to show that SVT focuses can be straight line vehicles.

#2 ·
Well good run first off, but still dont think that the SVT is a straight line car. You probably raced against a first gen boxter which only had about 200 hp. Those things barely cleared the 15 second barrier in the 1/4. Combine that with an average driver (or an auto) and you have a mid 15 second car.
But good race non the less.
Alan

#4 ·
Listen Cruznwithaslowfocus. Why would I need to lie. So you guys can be on my nuts. I could care less. I told a true story. Maybe the guy had a first gen. boxster. I don't know. All I know is that he gave it all that boxster had and so did I. Take it or leave it.

#6 ·
it is usually a non SVT driver calling BS whenever an SVT owner tells a story like this ... SVT's pull real hard mid range, and tuned ones can pull hard from a dead stop. It is not so surprising that he gave that Porsche fits, with his mods he is close to 190 at the crank.

#8 ·
maybe more .... he probably picked up close to 15whp ... so he might be near 195 crank ... ORP alone with get you 5 to 7 ... AEM CAI about another 5 ... and when you combine the two, hard to say but might be good for another 3 ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.