Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Auot-x class?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  LastRites 
#1 ·
Stock SVTF is GS but with intake, throttle body and strut tower bar what is it, STS?

#3 ·
DSP eh? I really don't care what class it ends up being as long as I'm legal. It's the winter series too so people usually don't give two squats about what you are running. Thanks for the reply!

#4 ·
What about ESPN? LOL..... Damn i need to read up on this Auto-x.

#6 ·
I am definitly goung to try that up here in wv. There are a few people who run sts class and thats what i'm gonna have to race, should be fun!

#8 ·
SpeedOften said:
Header, Exhaust and intake is STS correct?
Yes sir, STS allows any exhaust and intake mods, anything to suspension, and any street tire. Oh yeah, no body modifications either, i.e. carbon fiber hoods, etc...

#9 ·
Shorty header is allowed in STS. A race header isn't, as it removes the cat. STX lets you relocate the cat to 6" from its original position (and also combine multiple cats into one)

#10 ·
in dsp u have no chance to be competitive with those mods. u dotn even have a chance in sts with that few of mods. i run front and rear struat tower braces rear sway h&r race springs koni adjustables cai and mbrp cat back with kumho tires and i have just enough to have a hsot at first in sts you will get killed in dsp

#11 ·
Here's a relatively current rules list.
Clickyhttp://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/index.html
The only thing I don't see listed specifically, is aftermarket engine mounts.
That's why I saved my stock one.
Who'd know the difference looking at the stock "dogbone" with black poly inserts.[;)]

For 2005 rules, the SCCA will be posting them online at their site for a change.[thumb]
IIRC, they'll be posted sometime in January.

#12 ·
in dsp u have no chance to be competitive with those mods. u dotn even have a chance in sts with that few of mods. i run front and rear struat tower braces rear sway h&r race springs koni adjustables cai and mbrp cat back with kumho tires and i have just enough to have a hsot at first in sts you will get killed in dsp
Was that a serious and in your opinion honest response? [???:)]

Thanks for the laugh [thumb]

#13 ·
Who needs to be 1st? I am going to start autocrossing just to have fun[:p] I am going to STS simply because I started moding the car before I knew I wanted to race it...

#14 ·
^^^^That's the right attitude^^^^
You'll find out more about your car in one AutoCross event,
than you would in 6 months of "test driving" on the street.[;)]

#15 ·
I've slung my 01' Focus around in H stock for two years so I do know a little something [;)]

I asked the class question because I haven't ran the SVTF yet and have been gone for two years from the Auto-x scene, 1 year in Iraq and this past year just screwing off. Now that my car will be put in storage next month for the better part of two years I figured that I could afford to shred up my tires a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.