Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Stupid thing you have done @ the track

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  zx3mark 
#1 ·
i will start...

this was back on april or may..(i think)

i was in the track with some friend...

well i was a little ahead of the starting point...so i move the car back a little so untill i saw the lights...

the problem was i dont put the car back on drive...[paranoid]

so you can all guess what happend...

#2 ·
i was there one time a couple of years ago, and i was just out for fun, and these 2 other guys must of been more serious yah know they had slicks and all that, i was like 18 and didnt know what slicks were. So i asked them what kind of tires those were, and they laughed at me. KI was thoroughly embarrassed. I decided right there that i will never ask questions again.

#5 ·
my buddy was in the lane before me and i was watching his times and not watching where i was going and went about 2 car lengths past the light.....i felt like a retard....

#6 ·
i hear alot of times people go past the light. I even saw a video of the track attendant making fun of 2 cars that were ready to go paired up like 1 car a head of where their supposed to be. Ive never been to a track but isnt there a line or something you have to stay between?

#7 ·
no there is no visiable line. you have to watch the light. Depending on how you staged, you usually watch for 2 solid yellow lights at the top of the tree. If none are lit you either are not up far enough or have gone to far. If the top one is just lit and not the one right beneath it, then pull up slightly till the second one is lit. If the second one is lit and not the first one then back up. It's pretty simple but when you're watching your buddy's time instead of where your at, you feel like a retard.

#10 ·
When pitting for gary, we had a couple of tires in the pit for each side. Well when he came in, we only were going to change one of his tires. Well, silly me grabbed the wrong side.

Fortunately, that really means something when its wet, and it was a dry day, and he turned his fastest lap time after that.

#11 ·
I went to our little local drag strip with a friend who had a 99 fOCUS zx3 and I had a 98 subaru 2.5rs. I was busting his b*lls that I would smoke him and that his Focus was the uglyest car ever build. Well 4 yrs later guess what , I went out and bought a 04 zx3. I just love the look of the cars now!!! And he went out and ran 2 tenths of a sec faster then me, he was the one laughing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.