Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

You can beat one.

12K views 128 replies 32 participants last post by  pio 
#1 · (Edited)
Don't ever underestimate SVTFs you can beat them but theyre hard to beat. Theyre FAST

My ATX has beaten some SVT's here in Puerto Rico. I haven't spanked them. Ive gone neck and neck racing on the highway against one we were neck and neck and then started moving throgh traffick at about 120 MPH at the end I saw an opening between a 4runner and a semi I took it made it but Svt had no choice but to take his foot of the gas to stay in one peace. He told later that day that I won and that I won because of my driving. We raced again on a straighway about 3 times and we stayed neck and neck. I have some good mods while he only had a CAI but in all 3 races we stayed neck and neck. Those things are fast u can beat 1 but it's not gonna be easy to do it. Don't expect to spank one easily either those things unless the driver is crappy.

Those things are fast I know cause I have raced a few and I have also driven a few. Don't ever underestimate SVTFs theyre full of surprises. That does not mean you can't beat 1. I ve beaten a few and I have lost against a few.

THEYRE FAST and also cool.

#53 ·
you know what I do when I see someone trying to race me in and out of traffic? I call the cops.

People that pull those stunts are just trying to kill someone. Sure, you might assure proper clearance before you cut in front and between cars, but you piss people off and scare others when you do that, which in turn, has a habit of causing accidents. But I guess you'd just count me as another "SVT Kill", huh?

Now, let's see if you can take me from a stoplight, or beat my time on an autocross course.

People like you cause people like me to have to pay more for car insurance. Ass.

BTW...my SVT is the best thing since the introduction of the gasoline engine and no one is going to convince me otherwise :)

#55 ·
(you know what I do when I see someone trying to race me in and out of traffic? I call the cops.)

If that's what u do then fine. But as for many people u should know that street racers like danger. I have never met a street racer who doesn't like it. I myself like danger. I know what I do is illegal and dangerous to myself and others. YET. Ive done it since im 16. Ive been racing for 3 years now and racing in the highway is not the kind of thing you do everyday. Every once in a while I go out with a girl or some friends and sometimes this car teases you ebough to make you floor it. I do it a lot but I try not to over do it while im driving. In the highway a mistake u or some1 makes is bad to others. Anyway if I don't floor it on the highway Im on the quater mile or wait for an open track day. It's no biggy. But sometimes u like going fast and every chance u get u like to put the pedal to the metal. Im like that. Dont know about the rest of ya. But if you're into cars sometimes you just wanna floor it and get a thrill out of it.

#56 ·
By the by.
SVT's are not slow dude. They can be really quick and tricky bastards. So don't underestimate them. Trust me. I know what Im talking about here. Ive driven some and raced some. I know for facts. Yet it's true ZX3's have more performance options that an SVT but here in P.R. we like messing with our cars. If we dont find the part we build if possible. FACT most 60% of the cars in our club are ATX and they race just as hard as MTX. All the focus' in our clu are fast and hot.

#57 ·
By the by.
SVT's are not slow dude. They can be really quick and tricky bastards. So don't underestimate them. Trust me. I know what Im talking about here. Ive driven some and raced some. I know for facts. Yet it's true ZX3's have more performance options that an SVT but here in P.R. we like messing with our cars. If we dont find the part we build if possible. FACT most 60% of the cars in our club are ATX and they race just as hard as MTX. All the focus' in our club are fast and hot.
SEE YA

#58 ·
this thread has been painful to read. Focus racer, are u sure the svt was racing? Either that or that guy didn't know how to drive that car. You can make an auto quick i know but u won't be able to beat an svt. Your also probably one of the dumbest people on this page. Street racing in traffic? are you retarded? your the reason street racing is so frowned upon. you ruin it forte rest of us. Good job, keep living in your fast and furious world

#59 ·
Very funny! I knew the guy and yes he told me he was racing. We basiclly swithced lanes until we one of us got outrunned. And I dont frown street racing.
The highway is just one of many places to race. Yes it was a little irresponsable but yet and still Street Racing is dangerous to anyone no matter were you do it.

#60 ·
WinnipegZX3 said:
After reading this I asked I started to wonder:
"Did they even sell SVT Focus' in Puerto Rico?" Maybe an ST170 but not an SVT.
I thought it would kind of weird if they did. So I emailed the contact on the SVT website and asked them if they had ever sold the SVT Focus in Puerto Rico.

The answer...

....no [thumb]

I guess a lot of people must import SVT's down there.
Hmm what can i say, if you don't lived here, don't talk s@#t!! Coz, probably your SVT website partner, doen't know a crap!! There are more than 6 exclusive ford dealer in Puerto rico, and all sales Focus SVT, and all came with the stupid US winter package!!!! be cool dude ;)

#62 ·
SimplyDomesticsFocus said:
this thread has been painful to read. Focus racer, are u sure the svt was racing? Either that or that guy didn't know how to drive that car. You can make an auto quick i know but u won't be able to beat an svt. Your also probably one of the dumbest people on this page. Street racing in traffic? are you retarded? your the reason street racing is so frowned upon. you ruin it forte rest of us. Good job, keep living in your fast and furious world
Well we probably live in a city with a lot of traffic, trust me, when you race in traffic you get more experiance, than racing in a empty road. [thumb] I don't know probably you don't have the balls to do it! jajajajaja just kidding![:D]

#65 ·
Sorry, but when i get home after the work i'll put the Puertorrican RS jajaja on my signature, that's my daily use car 1993 Ford Mustang 2.3L soon W/ NOS 75 Shot, when i get time... that's for crash it along the highway! It's a nice car, it's has a lot of miles on the engine, and runs like PIO'S Focus ;) without the NOS,

#66 ·
You know Starek is right. Your buddy would'nt even know if the SVT was even taken out of the states. 2 dealers here in Puerto Rico have SVTF's in there lots just waiting to be sold.

#68 ·
Starek & Racer :
YOUR SIGS ARE WAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO BIG AND ANNOYING!!!!!

We have sig size requirements/guidelines... yours obviously do not come close to following them. Please for the love of all mankind, change em!

ugh.....

#70 ·
Ok Ok ok!! jejeje We like it that way! but As I CAN SEEE!! you guy's don't like it i'll make another one when i get home ;) but don't worry i'll take it out. ;)

#74 · (Edited)
BlkZX3 said:
So, your ATX ZX3 with Iceman intake and 3A Universal exhaust from pep boys can run neck to neck with an SVT?

Did he have the parking brake on?
Here's a few pics of my rebuilt engine. Took of a couple of parts to put these on. Black ZX3 this are for u to shut your mouth. Now you will see kept a lid on.

This is exactly what my engine is like the Iceman intake has been now replaced. This is my real engine this is just how she looks like.Tons of power. Ill be taking her to the Dyno real soon and will be posting the charts. Ill also be going to the quarter mile for a test run. Ill post the charts and some photos too. My chip has been reprogrammed and reinstalled and the engine mounts are ready to withstand the strain.

ANY QUESTION TO THE HATERS???????
FOCUS FANATICS RULE!!!!!!!
These is not to seem sarcastic. Just to let everyone see my engine.
And to Black ZX3 my ATX Focus Runs. Dont be sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.