Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

You can beat one.

12K views 128 replies 32 participants last post by  pio 
#1 · (Edited)
Don't ever underestimate SVTFs you can beat them but theyre hard to beat. Theyre FAST

My ATX has beaten some SVT's here in Puerto Rico. I haven't spanked them. Ive gone neck and neck racing on the highway against one we were neck and neck and then started moving throgh traffick at about 120 MPH at the end I saw an opening between a 4runner and a semi I took it made it but Svt had no choice but to take his foot of the gas to stay in one peace. He told later that day that I won and that I won because of my driving. We raced again on a straighway about 3 times and we stayed neck and neck. I have some good mods while he only had a CAI but in all 3 races we stayed neck and neck. Those things are fast u can beat 1 but it's not gonna be easy to do it. Don't expect to spank one easily either those things unless the driver is crappy.

Those things are fast I know cause I have raced a few and I have also driven a few. Don't ever underestimate SVTFs theyre full of surprises. That does not mean you can't beat 1. I ve beaten a few and I have lost against a few.

THEYRE FAST and also cool.

#6 ·
I feel for ya man! But I'm sure that you are enjoying the hell out of your car, am I right?
Ever since I started mountain biking many a year ago I've been hooked on standard trannies out of love for the precise shift on demand.

To the thread starter, I just wanted to say that I appreciate the manner that you presented this topic. Most people tend to describe the SVTF in an overly negative manner by comparison, so Kudo's to you on that [thumb]

#7 ·
LastRites said:
SVTF's are quick , not fast. And yup sure enough they are cool, hell my EAP is downright fly [:D]
[werd] [headbang]

The man speakes the TRUTH.

#18 ·
The car that i had before my svt was an 01 ZX3 ATX and i know sure as hell that it couldnt keep up with the svt that i have now and my svt is totally stock and my atx zx3 had i/rh/e udp screamin demon and live wires 65mm tb

#19 ·
you have to know how to drive your car. i race on our highways here in new jersey and spank people all the time. i raced a dodge hemi truck the other day they say those are fast well he didnt beat me and i guess he couldnt drive either cause i saw him for like 5 secs.. a lexus is3300 has no match they fall behind real quick.. my friends accord v6, i beat him, u got to know how to drive thats what it comes down too. i want to get in an autocross race i would perform well with the style of driving i do now.

#20 ·
dont get me wrong street racing is something i love and io am great at it. but something about swites and turns and slides and everything else is just fun..

#25 ·
My car with an Iceman, Diablo Sport, FR Plugwires and Autolite DBL Plats, and a 65mmTB made a whoping 101hp with a good A/F ration. I have some more going on the car now but it isn't about power. I like the car and it is fun to drive. As for beating an SVT, this is something that usually sets an SVT ownere on fire, your car's are not that quick. Hate to break it to you. I have beaten a few SVT off of the line and clear up to around 40-50MPH at this time the SVT takes off. Some of you SVT owners need to get off your high horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.