Focus Fanatics Forum banner

east coast focus challenge next year

4K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  garyk 
#1 ·
since 2003, redline oil has been promoting a west coast focus challenge. they have run at tracks in nevada and california. it is a handicapped time trial, meaning theoretically, a bone stock zx3 can beat an fi svt. it has been very successful and written up in grassroots motorsports, svtoa and i think in that focus mag. we have been trying to organize an east coast version and now redline is on board to promote one it looks like. what track we will use is not set yet, but it looks like it could be chosen from mid-ohio, summit point, beaverun or vir. ill let you know what is going on as i find out. www.focuschallenge.com

#2 ·
I would love to! I ran a friend's Mustang in SCCA solo II once, and it was awesome! Do you need a competition license?

#6 ·
yes

will be making regular updates as we get info on date and track. when those details are firm i will start a list of participaqnts. we are looking to get 30 to 40 foci anlong with about 20 more to defray cost.

#8 ·
Looking forward to showing everyone what an ATX sedan can do! lol

#10 ·
We get so screwed here in the midwest for racing. I keep reading about all the racing series out on the coasts or in the south, but there is much more than SCCA Solo II and 1 track with a few open track days here in Iowa. Now I love autoX, but I really wish there was some fender to fender road course action I could get into without having to make a cross country trip to participate in.

#15 ·
handicap

each car gets a handicap, that is time added to their actual timed laps. say for instance a stock lx 4 door has zero time added, an r tired fi car may have 7 or 8 seconds added to their actual time. so if a bone stock car can run hypothetically a 1 minute lap at a particular track and an fi car could run a 53 second lap, by adding 7 seconds to the fi cars times, we have a level field. then its driver skill that counts.

#21 ·
I'm in...I'm dying to flog my SVTF on the RIGHT kind of track!!!

I got my lite weight 16's coming and some V700's...so its ON!!

#22 ·
Re: its official

garyk said:
track is rented so its official. may 21-22,05.
..Garyk, you should start another thread now that the dates are official. Also make a sign up sheet with who's attenting and the directions to the track.

If you want I can do it for you. Only thing is that you won't be able to edit the content at your ease. Let me know!

Paix...

#26 ·
Okay. Cool. Just make one up in the MA forum and I'll sticky it for you.

Plus, if you wanna edit anything and can't I'll do it also.[thumb]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.