Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Will i win?

3K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  thrill5one6 
#1 ·
i posted a similar post in the zetec forum but i have a 5 speed zx3 with AEM CAI, FC long tube race headers, FC flex pipe, FC exhaust, FC 65mm TB , FC UDP kit and Steeda Short Shifter. With these mods do you think i can beat my friends 97 Audi A4 2.8 Quatro 5 speed with no mods (172 HP) i think the all wheel drive will give me trouble. And also a 99 cougar V6 5speed with no mods (170 HP) wants to race me. Do i stand a chance against these 2 cars?

A 99 civic DX with AEM CAI, exhaust and short shifter wants to race me too but i dont think i should have trouble with him. wat do u think?

#7 ·
The only thing with the cougar I would think about is that with it's better torque, it would have a serious advantage from a roll-on vs. a standing start.

Quick tip. Invite them to an autoX and smoke them all...

#8 ·
yeah that audi....theyre heabvy to begin with, PLUS the AWD takes away alot of power, so i think u can beat them both

#9 ·
I knew those Audi's were slow! 2 years ago this guy said his A4 Quattro would run circles around my ex-bosses 99 Cobra. We both knew the outcome and tried convincing the guy that he'd get his butt handed to him. The only way that car would have run circles around it is if it was stopped!

#15 ·
depends how long this race from a standing or roll on the highway? you will beat the all three from a stop,,,you will beat the cougar and civic from roll,,the audi will eat u because of top end,,,,so good luck,,depends how good u r, and good they r(driving i mean)

#17 ·
Sublime said:
The V6 cougars aren't that quick. You could take him provided you have the skills to pay the bills. This is what you do though. If he wins and you guys are just racing light to light...just run right into him and call it a day.
lol just tell the cop you saw a squirel

#18 ·
Fernymack said:
come on guys......The Audi would tear him apart, AWD is a bitch off the block. Need I remind remind you of what the Cyclone AWD, did to a diablo????

The other two cars ............eat them.
you thinks so?

this particular audi has only 172 hp and an awd tranny to lug around resulting in a 0-60 run of 9.8 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of 17.4 seconds.

do you think thrill5one6's modded zx3 that runs 8.8 second 0-60 and 16.88 second stock will lose?

#24 ·
^ like i said, you are right. take the subaru 2.56 RS for example.

its got AWD bite, like an audi quattro system and it goes 0-60 in 8.3 secs and 1/4 mile in 15.97 secs.

my eclipse gst has FWD and goes 0-60 in 6.5 secs and the 1/4 goes by in 15.3 secs.

but because the subaru has AWD and i know first hand how fast those cars launch, my eclipse will always lose to it. the ONLY thing that would save me is a quicker reaction time............Maybe.

see, im learning. now im going to go outside and pick on a twin turbo supra because we know how hard it is to get those cars to hook up. easy kill for my focus! oh yeah!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.