Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Second time at the track with the SVT

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  shadyninja 
#1 ·
I did pretty damn bad I'd say. I ran 2 16.2's, 2 16.1's, a 16.4 and a 16.6. I was told if I pulled the ABS fuse it would disable the traction control, so I did it, and it didnt help too much. I started just doing higher RPM launches, and it helped a whole lot, though my clutch hates it. I ended up racing my buddy's golf GTI vr6 at the end of the night, and I ran 16.22 and he ran 16.23, so we've been joking about how I beat him by a hundreth of a second. Anyway, I'm not gonna drag race this car too much anymore, it doesnt seem too great for it.

#2 ·
First time at the track in my car, 17.96 @ 81.39, hope you feel better now. [thumb]

#6 ·
all motor said:
roflmao!!!!! did you stall?[^]

i think i could run better with a second gear launch, maybe third
With TC on, spare tire/jack still in, mis-shifted second, was shifting at like 6000 rpms cheating myselkf out of another 1000 rpms. Yeah, I sucked it up.

#7 ·
damn guys. i have a standard zx3 and when i only had an intake and cat-back i was running a 16.4, now im doing mid 15's

#10 ·
Drag radials are a real big help....if you have excessive wheel spin. If your clutch is a little weak, hooking the tires up is the last thing you want to do.

I know I repeat myself but.............If you want to drag race...you need a different car. If you want to really love your Focus? go to the twisties. You can run with anybody there.

#12 ·
racerdan said:

I know I repeat myself but.............If you want to drag race...you need a different car. If you want to really love your Focus? go to the twisties. You can run with anybody there.
maybe with the SVT, but I just saw in a new MM&FF mag a bone-stock looking focus just broke into the 11's with a Vortech and the Focus next to that had 14.xx as its estimated time.

But yeah, for the SVT, its meant to be on an autox course, hopefully Jessica and I will be able to take both our cars out to one soon.

Diffenately work on your launches man, you should easily get into the 15's [thumb]

#13 ·
just go to an old back road with a straight away and practice launchs and shifting if you cant afford to practice at the track.. Ive practiced launching my little crx on an old back road with a nice straight away.. its fun, but Ive gotta back off right as I hit 4th.. because the straights gone..though it handles great, just cant get through that turn in 4th, gotta slow and hit it in 3rd..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.