Focus Fanatics Forum banner

First time at the track with the SVT

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  sveet03 
#1 ·
I am actually pretty disapointed with my times. I had 3 runs. First I ran a 16.5, then I ran a 16.0, then I ran another 16.5. My slip for the 16.0 are as follows...

r/t...1.259
60'...2.459
1/8...10.395
MPH...69.41
1/4...16.074
MPH...86.78

The traction control destroyed my take off's, so I'm working on finding a good way to get rid of it. I'm probably gonna try to make that switch that was suggested in a recent post of mine, so I can turn it off and on at will. Anyway, I'm probably gonna go again this friday, so I hope I can do better.

#3 ·
Thats an ok time, not too good, but respectable since the TC ruined your take off. My time is listed in my sig, so i also need to work a bit (dont have an SVTF but once i get my exhaust it should be closer). good luck next time!

#4 ·
rockthezx3,

you go to NE Dragway in Epping?

#6 ·
my friend took his 03 SVT euro to the track and all he had done was an off road pipe, UDP, and AEM CAI, and his best time at the 1/4 mile track was 16.0 sec at 90mph. so I guess thats about normal for the mostly stock SVT's I have seen.

#7 ·
sveet03 said:
rockthezx3,

you go to NE Dragway in Epping?
Yes I do.

And I know I can do better than a 16.0. This Friday, I'm going back up with the traction control disabled, so let's see how much better I can do.

#8 ·
rockthezx3 said:
Yes I do.

And I know I can do better than a 16.0. This Friday, I'm going back up with the traction control disabled, so let's see how much better I can do.
maybe i will make it a point to go on friday instead of my normal weds routine. possibly see you up there

#12 ·
well what do you define as normal. Because most people here are not expert drivers, so if you ment professional drivers (aka. C&D, R&T) then yes mid to mid-high 15's is what they get. But for most novice to amature drivers, then high 15s are good.

#16 ·
a bunch of foci from team focus are goin up, ill be there with my SVT, then sunday heading to Winadham ME for an autox event...i stopped going for lack of fun racing mustangs every week, but am tryin to get more people with foci up there all in one night, but im def goin on saturday to FFW

#18 ·
are you running your car, rock? need some more SVTs out there....

#21 ·
Pull the TC fuse next time, or install a switch. That will make a big difference.

#22 ·
thefrush said:
Pull the TC fuse next time, or install a switch. That will make a big difference.
switch[thumb] about $20 and 20 mins of your time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.