Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Raced a civic SI

5K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  SkaAddict 
#1 ·
01 or 02 SI....we arranged a nice race, since he was a friend of my buddies....Hes got in intake and partial exhaust, and a 100lb system in the car...first race he spun i just left him......2nd race....i felt bad cuz i know when to leave, since i have the "home field advantage".....so normally i Torque up to 2300 and then dump, spin a little, then take off great......but i wanted him to go first to give him the advantage a little...well i watched his tires spin so basically waited like 2 seconds......then froma dead stop took off....he was beating me till 3rd gear then i started catchin him kinda quickly, and then we stopped and my bumper was in his door.....so if i raced him how i normally do.....i woulda beat him.....and i have an auto may i add....and i had to put the stock intake back on as well.......so any1 in here next time they see a SI civic, dont be afraid to race it.....theyre garbage
well i just thought id share!!![thumb]

#6 · (Edited)
03Z_ex_Three said:
because when you race a honda you race a shitty car. And everyone owns a honda.
That was an ignorant thing to say. Honda's have some of the best build quality out there. Maybe that's why everyone owns one. I know this thing has been posted on many times before, but the guy was sharing his story. Leave him alone.

#8 ·
You cant honestly say every honda is crap, a large majority are just riced out POS's, but there are always those shining stars...for example, in my city, there are several riced out civics, im talking a hunter green color with a yellow body kit (unpainted...I think...could be spray paint [|)] ) But there is this one.....ooooh I like to take it for a spin, very subtle body kit, nothing crazy, stock tail lights, no fat ass wing, nice rims, and a big ass intercooler in the front. Other than the kit and rims, its stock. And a beauty. You cant call every honda a pos, cuz that guy would own you.

#11 ·
lol... yeah, id hope an Si with intake and exhaust can pull better than a 16.4 ATX foci. From the sound of how bad he supposedly lost, that would make the civic running about 16.7

#15 ·
well i was just sharing a story people damn......but anyways....the kid wasnt a great driver but he wasnt terrible either.....and if u looked in car and driver at all, the civic SI ran only a 16.4 or so in the 1/4 mile
SIMPLY---no i do not neutral drop it.....hold the brake, hold the gas till 2300...then mash the gas, ill pull on ne car on the street off the line, cuz i hardly spin

#17 ·
i have an atx and i do the same hold the brake and rev the engine, then mash the gas. second hondas are great cars, but most owners are wack. the driver was terrible, a kill is a kill. some people here are ignorant,,,

#18 ·
i dont care, i just wanted to share....and if u look in the car and driver when the SVT Focus went up against CIVIC SI, GTI 1.8t&Vr6, and one other car, the civis SI ran a 16.4 i believe, the SVT ran a 16.1

#22 ·
lol i dont hate hondas....i just dont think they that fast thas all
and as for the svt, ive yet to see with my own eyes run in the 15's stock...but thats being my own personal experience, and seeing about only 15 svts run at the track so far, but theyre all ran 16's stock with good and bad drivers, thas all im saying

im not puttin it down, i just think its garbage cuz i beat it with my ATX, hehe!!! and my atx is slow

#26 ·
i think the problem every1 has with the svt is launching them no?....they just break free when u rev it up and dump it....but thas my opinion and personal experience with them, and i believe at the track most people spin through 2nd to a 16.XX run thats why i havent seen any run 15's...plus no1 in NJ ever brings there car to the track,well englishtown atleast, so i hardly see foci's run

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.