Focus Fanatics Forum banner

saturn,hahahaha

4K views 46 replies 27 participants last post by  FocusZX3Hatchback 
#1 ·
I was on my way home last night when I saw a saturn with bling,bling on it.I dunno what size wheels they wherelooked like 17's.So i smile at the drver.Next thing you know he's triying to race me!!!!He pulls next to me and starts accelarating next to me.Everytime i catch up to him for the next 3 blocks he makes signs as for me to race him.So when we pull up at a light I smile again and race him.left him behind for about two cars.After i slow down he catches up to me to try to race me again.I just laugh and let him race himself.

#5 ·
my dad has a 2003 ION and i would have to say that stock to stock it could beat a zetec engine. I believe it has around 140hp....not a bad car, though i dont think there is an aftermarket for it...so all mods are gonna end up being ricey. how sad....

#12 ·
who's more the fool the fool who tried 2 street race w/a saturn. or the fool that raced him.

i dont see anythin 2 laugh about, other than cops furthur associating the focus as another street racer car 'kids' use and the thoughts of insurance companies who see our rates continue to rise due 2 the above and its all too often consequences.

thx a lot, do it at the track....

-Ult

#13 ·
UltegraSTI said:
who's more the fool the fool who tried 2 street race w/a saturn. or the fool that raced him.

i dont see anythin 2 laugh about, other than cops furthur associating the focus as another street racer car 'kids' use and the thoughts of insurance companies who see our rates continue to rise due 2 the above and its all too often consequences.

thx a lot, do it at the track....

-Ult
Lighten up Cha-chi.

Do you and your buddies put on white dress shirts and ride around on bicycles going house to house preaching about going to the track?

#16 ·
that happened to me last night when i was on my way home from work. i had a neon behind me. every time i switched a lane to pass a car, he was right behind me following me every step. we got to a light and he looked over and smiled at me. i was like, alright. light turned green and left his ass in the rearview.

#17 ·
hmm... yeah, a 2-door SC2 isnt that bad. My mom has one and i was actually suprised how well it handled and how it felt sitting in it. Although I'd never buy one I'd definately drive it if I had to. Plus the reliability in them was a shocker too, she's racked up about 170,000 miles on it and it still drives like its brand new. No laboring of the engine, no slipping tranny, etc.

#20 ·
CivicHatch+SVT-F said:
Plus the reliability in them was a shocker too, she's racked up about 170,000 miles on it and it still drives like its brand new. No laboring of the engine, no slipping tranny, etc.
yeah they do last I guess, mine had 140ish when i dumped it. only things that ever went on it was an engine mount and a tensioner for some belt rusted.

#22 ·
yeah hopefully. The guy is one of my best friends and I know he has the ability to do it. Just waiting to see a ballpark idea on the total cost. The other two are well on their way though. The owner of the 92 teg just paid for the engine and is having it sleeved and machined. The 90 hatch was picked up 2 weeks ago (for $85 lol) and the motor is getting ordered probably within 2-3 weeks.

If the teg becomes too pricey he may sell it for a 96 hatch (the kind i have) and take the CRV rear end and throw it on the hatchie for the RWD. The only thing is, they dont really make strong axles for the CRV since there isnt much of an after market for it [:p] so he could be snapping axles left and right with the s2000 motor in there. Then we'd have to see how much a custome job would be for it.

#24 ·
haha nice. 85 bones. I don't think you're gunna be snapping the crv axles..well actually....yeah ya might. lol Custom job would probably be a bit pricey. I paid WAY WAY WAY too much for my h22 swap but that was before I knew anything about them. Live and learn I guess.

#25 ·
QuikHAtCH said:
haha nice. 85 bones. I don't think you're gunna be snapping the crv axles..well actually....yeah ya might. lol Custom job would probably be a bit pricey.
lol... yeah, its just got a blown head gasket and it was sitting at this mechanics shop forever. No rust, no dents, nothing wrong with it. Except the faded red paint which now look pink lol

yeah, it probably will snap which is why we are looking into it heavily before anything else gets moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.