Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Cop at the rack??????

4K views 36 replies 29 participants last post by  04svtfoci 
#1 ·
Ok its a nice saturday and my dad decides to take the vette to the track. Along comes my friend with an srt-4 (previous post vette vs. srt-4 stage 1) and my other friends 2003 silverado ss wiht bolt ons. We get the track. pay for the passes and are ready to go. I get out of the car and head back to talk to the silverado ss to talk. We tells me that the camaro cop from our county is here........wtf?? I didnt believe and the next thing i know is that srt-4 and the cop are lined up ready to go. From what i have heard the camaro is a z28 with a chip. All this time i am in awwwww. I cant believe a damn cop car is at a drag strip. The camaro ended up running a 12.9. So much for having slow cop cars in my area. We also have a couple of newer mustang gts around here....suppose to have a chip and something else on it. The srt-4 ran a 13.3. truck ran a 13.9.......vette 13.06....with no work done. What kind of cop cars do you have in your area?????????[???:)]

#28 ·
We have local cops and Highway Patrol show up at autocross all the time. Almost every event. They will ride with competitors, run their patrol cars and sometimes take riders with them. And for the most part, they drive pretty well. The EVOC and pursuit courses are pretty handy.

#29 ·
city of troy police have all black camaro's with a small police symbol on only the drivers side of the car. they are known to pull up with the officer in street clothes and rev on people at red lights then ticket them if they race.

we also have a 32 t bucket roadster that they scored in a drug bust and was too nice to auction off, turns out it was also too powerful to handle so they sent it to ford down in dearborn and had a lightning SVT dropped in it

#30 ·
the local Community sheriffs dept. has a couple of pretty cool trucks down here in SB. One Izuzu Vehicross and a couple of beefed up expeditions to go out onto the sandy beaches here. As for sports cars the HWPD has camaro's as usual and a couple of undercover high performance cars that i have not seen yet.

#31 ·
jevoe015 said:
city of troy police have all black camaro's with a small police symbol on only the drivers side of the car. they are known to pull up with the officer in street clothes and rev on people at red lights then ticket them if they race.

we also have a 32 t bucket roadster that they scored in a drug bust and was too nice to auction off, turns out it was also too powerful to handle so they sent it to ford down in dearborn and had a lightning SVT dropped in it
Thats wicked.

I bet their maros are Automatic mroe then manuals.

#34 ·
White C5 scored in a drug bust, and then around I-80 (IA) they have all kinds of things to be sneaky. Silverados, a Pathfinder, etc.

I had a pic of a Jaguar S-Type R that was a patrol car, but I guess it's on my computer at home...

#35 ·
I got pulled by a steatlh z28, forest green, I flew past about 100 and he was on me in an instant,strobes were in the foglights. Around here we have a 95ish T/A, 99 vette, various 4x4,s even minivans.(BTW the z28 let me go)

#37 ·
We have multiple camaros , purple an green that i know of, enough crown vic UC's that everytime i get near a car lookin like one i drive like an angel.. all crown vic standard police cars, expeditions, explorers, and corvettes. someone wanna sell me a helicopter its not safe for me an my lead foot to drive anymore lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.