Focus Fanatics Forum banner

killed a 99-00 Neon (ACR or Some Special Edition)

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  neonnate 
#1 ·
Yesterday, on my way home from college, I spotted this red neon 99 or 00 it looked different to rest it had a nice spoiler and some nice wheels ( probably from the factory). Anyways it was a girl and the road we were driving its a three lane road, so there was a car in the middle lane. I did not think she was going to race, but whe the light turned green she smashed on the gas, I did not follow her but she caught a red light and this time I was besides her. My 18 year old sister was with me and I had my A/C full blast. O.K. the light turns green and again she smashes the gas I did not stepp on it till second gear and she could not keep up with me in second gear, I might guess it was an auto but she could not take me even with my sis on and the A/C full blast. I tried to wait for her at another light but she would stop behind me (and the other lane was empty) anyways I think she was embarrazedby my Focus.

#8 ·
My friend has an acr neon, about the same year (99-00, the model before most recent), and his is pretty quick, but he's had his for a good 6 months at least so he has some money put into it. Me and him are pretty even, i'll pull on him probably around 3rd gear but his "neon" is pretty quick no matter if its a neon or not. Plus, hes cool as f*uck so i don't mind if its a neon lol. Also, my best friend has a new 04 SRT4, so call me a neon supporter i guess lol. Oh, and in my car team, theres 2 srt4's, the acr neon, and about to be a few hondas, but don't fret! There are a few foci's also lol. By the way, i've got an 04 SVTF and my sig has my mods so far. Workin towards the FI eventually!

#10 ·
I know the feeling too. You can't resist those peons. They are easy kill, the SRT is a different story though as we all know.

#14 ·
lol.....does that even count if it isn't a import?....lol.....but i have seen 'ricer' tendencies on domestics as well.

#16 ·
correction......peon

#18 ·
Oh it is rice on his car. He cut his muffler off and put a wal-mart tip on sticking strait out the back. It sounds like crap. He also has a homemade (very ghetto) cold air intake. he took the cover off of his airbox. thats it. He also purchased the same SCCA winshield sticker i have, and CLAIMS to race auto-x with me. Yet he has never raced at all, and he even claims to win. Hes a dork

#19 ·
it was probably and sxt with an atx. I've had a few neons and I still have 1. My last one ran high 14's with 3 bolt-ons and about 100lbs of weight redux then ran 14.4 with a 2.4 swap. They are not slow. How many of you guys run 14's?

I'm not trying to start any crap but you guys are talkin' out your asses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.