Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SoCal Auto-x's/drags/GTG's?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bowersdaazian 
#1 ·
Im going to college in SB, and havent had much time to take my car out and go to races and such. Does anyone know if there are any drags/auto-x's coming up near the SB-North LA area. Maybe a GTG or something so that will give me a reason to wash my car (hasent been washed for 3 weeks now).
It hurts to see her hurting, so lets get something going!!!!

come on guys, i know you SoCal-ers do this stuff also.

#2 ·
yeah i am going to one...there is one in LA on october 10th. It is a part of the BMW club so you have to join for like 30 bux then it is 15 to race. My brother used to do it all time, he says there are tons of different cars there.

10/10/2004
LA Chapter Autocross - Irwindale Speedway, 13300 East Live Oak Avenue, Irwindale,CA 91706. Take a day and learn to drive your car with an instructor next to you. Great for first time or advanced drivers. Kelly Moon. Day or eves: (626) 812-8688. Email: sakatamoon@earthlink.net

#3 ·
You should hit up LACR in Palmdale. great and popular track a lot of fun comp. goes there. On wed.friday. and sat. its like 15 to race i think i forgot[scratch] Youre probably about an hour to an hour and a half away from there. the best thing for you to do is jump on the 15 north then take it to hwy 138

#4 ·
European Car did a big Golf comparo, and they said that LACR was the absolute worst track they have ever seen. They even said that you should take at least a second off of all the drag times in the comparo because the surface was so awful.

As for AutoX (MUCH more fun that drags IMO)
www.scca.org
find your local chapter from this site. It's very easy and incredibly rewarding...

#5 ·
bowersdaazian said:
Im going to college in SB, and havent had much time to take my car out and go to races and such. Does anyone know if there are any drags/auto-x's coming up near the SB-North LA area. Maybe a GTG or something so that will give me a reason to wash my car (hasent been washed for 3 weeks now).
It hurts to see her hurting, so lets get something going!!!!

come on guys, i know you SoCal-ers do this stuff also.
You gotta have a reson to wash your car? I wash my car once a week and sometimes in between. You see your car hurting to be washed, so wash it!

#6 ·
Well i live in a dorm in UC Santa Barbara. And there isnt a good place to wash it, and if there was it would cost money; money i dont have. I am a part of SCCA, but im unfirmiliar with their setup even after becoming a scrutineer for regional events.
If anyone is a part of SCCA or other org.'s then PM me for this kind of info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.