Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Disappointed...

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  jpickles 
#1 ·
Well, I just raced a civic 1.6 sohc w/ vtec. I beat it but only by a car. He was 1/2 a car ahead at a 15 roll, we kicked and he actually pulled me through 1st.. Once we got to second, I got even, and by third i was about a carlength ahead. I thought I'd crush him. Didn't realize it was going to be so close.. Gives me more and more reason to up the mods I guess *sigh*

#4 ·
like i said, i hate civics, because they can b fast and i hate loosing to them. Honda knows how to build a motor, esp the japs. Look at all the cars the japs built, and the americans built, everyone talks about supras, skylines, rx-7s, 3000Gt's. all japs, i mean yes we ahve mustang, firebird, camarro and stuff but all those cars are good in straight races, not auto x and stuff. my next cars is going to be a honda or mitsubishi. That is after the focus goes, and i get tired of my mustang :)

#5 ·
supras, skylines, rx7's and vr4's kill in autox. Supras are also pretty damn good in a drag too. but hondas arent all that great for autox unless its an s2k.

#6 ·
look at your mods...the pacesetter shows rarely ever a gain, the short ram is dead in the heat, and an udp...u were basically stock racing him...at the track a car length means a lot

#8 ·
type r,gsr,hatches,crx all good at autox,as for mitsu good engines with a bad tranny is their downfall,the prob with american v8 cars is the lack of handling if they made a fast car that handles and doesnt cost a fortune theyll compete weigh a supra with a vette new their prices were similar but potential and handling and gas milage the supra rocked it.

#9 ·
i say fk it ..you beat him..good kill....were missing the point here...a win is a win...maybe their was other factors like the drivers..maybe he shifted on point..who knows all i know is a honda kill is good if by an inch or a mile..every honda killed gives our foci a little more respect..hell i got my ass handed to me by an nsx around the corner from here but when i pulled on side the guy at 120 and gave him a thumbs up..he gave me one back cause he knew we were both after the same thing.....its all fun with this shyt...dont take it too serious

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.