Considering 2013 Focus SE Hatchback (with 201A) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #21
TheBigMortboski
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115429
What I Drive: Kenworth T-800

FF Reputation: 0 TheBigMortboski Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay, I know what you're talking about now. They etch a serial number on your windows, and it's supposed to deter theft because the thieves at the chop shops can't sell the glass.

If you look at the windows, they may already be etched, and you'd just be paying to register the number with the security company. Fat lot of good that does if your car is already stolen. It obviously didn't deter it.

That price is pretty standard for undercoating, I'd probably go for it. Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty if profit in there, but if it keeps your car from rotting, that's enough for me. And they are supposed to be careful to not cover any maintenance parts with it, so no warranty concerns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #22
saireah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116690
What I Drive: 2014 Platinum White Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 3 saireah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ron -- that looks so good! Thanks for the recommendations on the brand to use.

Mtnbkr -- awesome!

TBM -- great! I am thinking about that for sure, since I can (hopefully) be certain they'd do the right parts. That's the only package I'd consider and I'm going to buy a can of Scotguard and spray the carpets after purchase. Agreed on the VIN etching. Plus, you can do VINGuard yourself for $29 if you're concerned about that. Loved your messages. Feeling good about the price and the extra options now! It's good to hear other experiences...
Old 07-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saireah View Post
Hello!

For a year now, I've had my Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback serviced at my local ford dealer due to being frustrated with our local Nissan dealership. I had heard great recommendations and they had a fabulous oil change package deal. In addition, I watched someone who was having issues with their Ford being cared for by a service person. In all my time with my Nissan (my ever new car and car purchase in general), I was never treated that way. I was impressed.

Now that Nissan Corporate has agreed that my car is a lemon (2 years, 16 trips to dealership, haven't been in my car in a month -- it's been an absolute nightmare), I'm at the final step and have accepted the buyout. I'll discuss details with Nissan next week. I was originally considering getting back into a 2014 Versa Note, but I can't stomach dealing with our nearby dealership any longer after another incident this weekend when I went to pick up a few things out of my car.

Anyway! Onto the good stuff -- just wanted to provide a little background information as I'm now nervous about purchasing my next car. Lemons are bad luck, but I want to be well-informed.

I'm considering a 2013 Ford Focus SE Hatchback (automatic) with the SE Appearance Package as I loved the look of the leather (have never had leather seats) and I really prefer a leather steering wheel. I'm a bit sad that they didn't offer push start ignition with this option or the rear view monitor, but I'm not going with the Titanium build as I've heard people have too many issues with MyTouch (and my boyfriend's parents have issues with theirs in their brand new Explorer). Additionally, I like all-season tires. I'm not one of those people that want to change their tires for winter each year.

I've read a lot about people having issues with the SelectShift dual transmission. Obviously, you always hear about what's wrong more than what's working for everyone.

My question is -- they didn't make any changes to the 2014 that I could tell that would improve that system?

I'm really worried about getting into another car with issues. Ford seems like a reliable company and I know many Ford owners who love their cars. How does everyone feel about Ford's customer service?

Just looking for a little feedback! Thanks. :)
Ford's customer service is about the same as any other car company, which is to say, mostly, it's not good unless you get lucky with a decent dealership.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #24
saireah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116690
What I Drive: 2014 Platinum White Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 3 saireah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
It's going to take another 2-3 weeks until I can surrender my car to Nissan's third party service.

Dealership had to release my car back to the lot today. :( They offered to sell it to me at full financing and then I could go back in and refinance in a few weeks but, yeah, no.

I guess it gives me further time to really determine if I want a Titanium or SE.

Can anyone confirm what specifically the differences are between 2013 HB and 2014 HB? Have they done anything to the DCT?

Bookmarks & Social Networks