Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The Official Mid-Atlantic Boredom Thread!!11!!

8M views 59K replies 299 participants last post by  viney266 
#1 ·
Well, Ken made a great suggestion. We need a chatty thread here as well. So here it is...Useless banter and pimp cups away.

#54,982 ·
Yeah he told me about that. I was confused at first..I was like How did he get your email? Then he told me he put an ad on CL. I was like oooh ok. lol

lol, small world ain't it. He's gonna help me install it cuz I have no idea wtf I'm doing. Duratec was very different beast.

#54,983 ·
Yeah really. Sounds like a plan. We gotta wait till we get our new intake first though..lol. I'm still waiting on an answer from cfm about my tracking number. I ordered the intake on Saturday and I haven't gotten one yet. If they don't email me back I'll have to call.

#54,984 ·
Just bought an 03 Orange SVT with 92k on odometer. Brining it back form Jersey this weekend. Gonna get stock intake from focus_family's husband. Nice guy btw, found his ad on CL
You've probably heard this already, but make sure the timing belt was either done recently or you do it yourself

#54,986 ·
You've probably heard this already, but make sure the timing belt was either done recently or you do it yourself
I have a buddy at a Ford dealership that ran the VIN for Oasis and is gonna give me the report tonight or tomorrow. I was going to do the timing belt/tensioners, water pump, tranny flush, oil, spark plugs and whatever else to "spruce it up" ! Especially the timing belt. Even my old man is scared to touch that though, might have to actually take it to a shop! The OBD II scanner showed some exhaust codes, so gonna do Mil cheater for rear and bite the bullet for the front o2 sensor. It seems to have been riced a bit (ebay intake) and the exhaust is loud but stock, maybe he gutted the lunchbox or something.

Also gonna condition the leather/interior, detail, restore the headlights and grab a pair of Blazer projector fogs.

#54,988 ·
i ran oasis and the last warranty repair was in 07 at 16,000 miles

dalers website shows it having 48,000 miles.

i wonder why the CL ad says it has 8,000 miles

dont get me wrong. 48K is still low mileage for that year. def a nice car.

#54,998 ·
wait a sec i thought we had a deal setup for me to buy the intake[scratch]
I have no idea whats going on. My husband doesn't keep me very informed about what he is doing with stuff. I didn't even know he had posted the cl ad. Communication error. I'll talk with him when he wakes up this morning.

#54,999 ·
I have a buddy at a Ford dealership that ran the VIN for Oasis and is gonna give me the report tonight or tomorrow. I was going to do the timing belt/tensioners, water pump, tranny flush, oil, spark plugs and whatever else to "spruce it up" ! Especially the timing belt. Even my old man is scared to touch that though, might have to actually take it to a shop! The OBD II scanner showed some exhaust codes, so gonna do Mil cheater for rear and bite the bullet for the front o2 sensor. It seems to have been riced a bit (ebay intake) and the exhaust is loud but stock, maybe he gutted the lunchbox or something.

Also gonna condition the leather/interior, detail, restore the headlights and grab a pair of Blazer projector fogs.
looks like you have it all covered then. If i remember right, Tousley Ford has Motorcraft o2s for around $50

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.