Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What is this part called?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  TerryB 
#1 ·
While trying to figure out my electrical mystery problem I noticed a wet spot on the front of my engine. It seems to be coming from this black water, um thing? behind the exhaust headers. It's probably not visible with the stock exhaust manifold, but I can see it pretty well with my headers. It looks like it connects the water pump to the thermostat housing. I think it needs replaced, but I don't even know what it's called?

#7 ·
lol taste test have fun with that...i think your oil seperator is probably just clogged up causing condensation and as the car heats up it evaporates...pull your pcv valve and look inside im not sure how it comes off but maybe you could pull it off and give it a cleaning...

my .02$

#11 ·
didnt mean to be rude if i came off that way just was asking which part you meant and yes it does become very brittle...i broke mine on two out of the three svts ive owned luckily after the first i had a brand new one i ordered from tousley ford and just swapped the new one over after i totaled both other ones. i wouldnt use regular hose found at autozone as it will not stand up to the heat of the air traveling through the pcv valve...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.