Focus Fanatics Forum banner

performance chip

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  focusmaniaczx3 
#1 ·
so heres the deal, my buddy has been hounding me to chip my car for weeks now and i think im finally giving in, but heres the deal, all the chips i find are like 300$+ and that seems like alot for such a little devise, are there any good cheap chips? like on this website http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Ford/Focus+ZX3/ the cheap ones i dont know if i can trust i just would like more information thanks in advance

#3 ·
you cannot chip the focus computer. anything advertised as a chip is a scam. you will need a tune where something such as an sct xcal is used.

1turbofocus offers remote tuning and fswerks does tuning as well. any others I'm not aware of so feel free to post them.

#6 ·
remote tuning? sorry to sound uneducated on the subject but well im not... i havnt got a clue what the diffrence between that and just buying a sct ecu flasher

#7 ·
remote tuning? sorry to sound uneducated on the subject but well im not... i haven't got a clue what the difference between that and just buying a sct ecu flasher
Remote tuning allows the vendor to add/subtract/change settings on your computer's tune set-up... they'll tweak the tune based on what you tell them and email the revised tune to you. You load it onto the xCal and then change tunes in the car.

Just buying one allows you the opportunity to change the car's maps and settings... the problem with just owning the flasher won't do the end-user any good with out the tuning shop. They have the tools, computer programs, and experience & know-how from tuning on a regular basis; so they'd need to do their job before that programmer you'd buy will do you a lick of good.

#8 ·
I sell the xcal3 for 399.00 and 20.00 for shipping , for that you get the xcal3 flasher a full custom tune and FREE tune updates as you add more NA mods

You also get my datalogging services where I take over your laptop and set up the datalog list and do the first datalog like sitting in the car with you , this can be priceless for a lot of people that have issues using a computor

If issues come up even not tune related I will help with them , a datalog can go a long way to point to any issues your having

This is a little more then the 350.00 you wanting to spend but you also get a lot more then buying a cookie cutter tune in a xcal3 shipped to you with no support for 379.00

Tom

#10 ·
hmmmm 420$? yanno what ill know if i can get this by friday, work is slow so it really depends but if i can afford it by then can i email or call you 1turbofocus? this really sounds like something i want to do and pretty soon to

#11 ·
you can email him at hpdyno@aol.com and he will generally get back with you within the same day if you dont send the email too late. tom is the BEST tuner out there to work with if you are a tuning noob. while i cant say he is the best focus tuner in the world i can say that he is the best that i have ever dealt with and has given me the best tune ive ever had and ive had 4 different tuners to date.

and actually you CAN chip the focus. there were some old SCT chips that did pretty much the same thing as the flasher but they are old fashioned, kinda tough to install, and just a general pain in the ass to work with. and you cant check for engine codes on ANY ford, lincoln, or mercury obd2 car with them like you can with the flasher or modify your tune on the fly with them either. with the flasher you can check for CEL's on any obd2 ford vehicle, you can adjust your speedo for different size wheels, lower the speed governor to 30mph or eliminate it all together, tweak spark advance, fuel ratio, rev limiter, temp that the fans kick on, and probably several more things that im forgetting. it takes less than 3 minutes to plug it in tweak the parameters, reflash the ecu and go. but you cant do it while the car is running. thats the only thing i wish the xcal could do that it cannot. well that and get me free coffee but that would be asking too much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.