Focus Fanatics Forum banner

eBay turbo kit

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 ·
So I have been search for a turbo but I'm all for getting the biggest bang for my buck so I have been looking everywhere. I have can across a turbo kit on eBay with everything. But it builds to the header that comes with it. I have seen on a different post that said that isn't a very good set up. I would like to know why and if it is still a good deal cause it is only a little over $1000 for the kit.

#5 ·
Moved to "General Technical Chat". Wow, these Ebay kits have been discussed numerous times on here. There are many threads discussing all kinds of Ebay turbos as well as thousands of others on the internet out there. Most of what you get on Ebay is absolute junk. So save your money and keep your eye on our Buy-Sell-Trade section for a used kit. Every once in awhile someone is selling their FSWerks, Focus Power or other well known named turbo kits.

#7 ·
I have that very kit sitting in my closet for close to a year. You will need to get a REAL wideband w/sensor, a DiabloSport MaFia, 42+lb. injectors, a 65mm throttle body, REAL boost and oil pressure gauges and, a 3" MAF tube(CFM sells them for about $100.00)a tune(by Tom 1turbofocus that has free updates $550.00 alone)and budget $200.00 more just in case.

I would have mine on the car but, coming up with the last $800.00 that is needed has been impossible insofar.

#8 ·
I have that very kit sitting in my closet for close to a year. You will need to get a REAL wideband w/sensor, a DiabloSport MaFia, 42+lb. injectors, a 65mm throttle body, REAL boost and oil pressure gauges and, a 3" MAF tube(CFM sells them for about $100.00)a tune(by Tom 1turbofocus that has free updates $550.00 alone)and budget $200.00 more just in case. You will need a better clutch as well.

I would have mine on the car but, coming up with the last $800.00 that is needed has been impossible insofar.
Not all ebay turbos are crap contrarily to popular belief. One of my local tuners installs many of them every year(he uses EMUSA mostly). Under lower boost most of them hold up just fine. If you are going high boost, buy a better turbo, rebuild the engine with forged internals, use a much better clutch.

The Zetec can handle 240 whp on stock internals.

#9 ·
I've seen quite a few GM LS motors with ebay turbo's on them making up to 600 wheel horse power. Now they have said sometimes you need to rebuild the turbo with quality parts since they are knock offs of genuine parts or that they will smoke and oil leak past the seals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.