Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Finally going TARRRRBOOOO!!!!

12K views 74 replies 15 participants last post by  Basselisk 
#1 ·
Hiya guys! well after almost 2 years of owning my SVTF Im going to turbo it.

I managed to buy a used focus power turbo kit, after rebuilding the turbo, and buying some other stuff Im finally ready heh.

Ill be updating this with pictures of the process, specially the downpipe and dump tube fabrication since the kit was incomplete and didnt include these.

also, apparently Im missing a pipe on the IC to TB side, so I guess that will be needed aswell.

so far I got:

siemens 80lb/hr injectors
precision pw39 wastegate
turbonetics raptor bov
cheapo black (because sleeper lookz) intercooler
almost complete focus power turbo kit with a CT comp turbo
kenne bell BAP
CFM oil separator
diablo mafia
3" maf tube
zetec dipstick and tube
prosport evo boost gauge
innovate MTX-L wideband
CFM 67mm TB
steedas top engine mounts and CFMs lowers
3" custom exhaust, from the headers to the back atm, with a magnaflow glasspack and flowmasters super 40 muffler

And of course, Tom will be handling the tune.

I hope to start all the process this tuesday, and well lets see how hard is to fit a 3" down pipe in these cars lol.

for the time being, heres a pic of the kit assembled in the floor, since I didnt get any instructions on how to place the pipes I just used my imagination lol. If anyone have experience with this kit and notice a misplaced pipe please tell me !

See less See more
#10 ·
Well mine used to be a 50 trim and i down sized it to a 48 trim and picked up more power faster and I still have more boost I can run. Even fully built a 48 trim will be plenty. I cant even use all of my power I have now. Course I think mine is a .63 ar though. Its a custom t3/t4 48 trim with a .63 ar.

And on a daily you have no need for race gas. I have no timing added to mine with a stock head and im putting down 478whp and 482wtq. with more to go if I wanted. Currently with 255 tires I blow the rubber of them at anything under 70mph. So i cant even use what I have.

Your limiting factor on that setup will be the fuel system (once you get the new turbo).

#21 ·
not always its dependent upon how the veins are on the turbine or how efficient the turbo is a making boost smoothly weight of turbine and things like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.