Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC System Thread

331K views 525 replies 200 participants last post by  double b 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
I have Sync. The 203a package with the SE.
I cannot get the device to understand my voice. It responds with other 'ideas.. (I didn't try too hard though, once or twice with a few commands..)
So I just gave up. I do not even own a cellphone anyway.
(sooner or later i will have to get one,...)
So my not getting along with Sync does not bother me, though i guess it would be better to have it work.
I am a Luddite I guess...

#5 · (Edited)
#7 ·
You can't transfer files from a phone, unless you're talking about your phonebook, then that's a whole other story.

The best way to transfer Standard pictures for your MFT wallpaper is by thumb drive.

#10 ·
Sync Traffic Notices

I tried to set up the sync traffic update between home and work and back. It wanted to know who my phone service was with. When I selected T-Mobile I was told the that wasn't a supported provider, and that was the end of it.

Tried again and selected Sprint and it worked just fine. When I got the traffic notices it said I could get 10 a month. That is not any help and I ended the notices.

I have MFT, if that makes any difference

Has anybody else used this feature? What were your results?

#12 ·
Anyone having sync issues after updating to iPhone iOS5?

My iPhone 4 was syncing perfectly before (both the music and control of pausing and skipping tracks via in-car audio control buttons), until today after I updated my phone to iOS5, I still have the ability to sync music but lost the ability to control the songs with the control buttons inside the car, now I have to press on the iPhone itself in order to play/skip to the tracks I wanted... Anyone able to shed some light?

#13 ·
What fuse to pull?

Hey All,

The other day, the sync button on the steering wheel stopped functioning. When I press it, it mutes the radio but nothing else happens. No "voice" and doesn't respond to commands.

I'm thinking I need to pull the fuse, but I don't know which one. I drive the TI. Can someone help me?

#15 ·
Hey All,

The other day, the sync button on the steering wheel stopped functioning. When I press it, it mutes the radio but nothing else happens. No "voice" and doesn't respond to commands.

I'm thinking I need to pull the fuse, but I don't know which one. I drive the TI. Can someone help me?
I've gotten that once or twice on my SEL in the last couple days. I just switched to some other function (radio, USB, Phone) and it seemed to go away so far.

#16 ·
Thanks lifocus. I'll give that a try. Since you pulled the fuses, has it happened again? I do have an appointment with my dealer for ziebart, so I'll have them check the sync button too. The funny thing is that I spoke to two men in the service department, and when I mentioned the problem with sync, I could hear the apprehension in their voices. They must be seeing quite a lot of this.

#17 ·
This is very odd.... I haven't had a chance to pull the fuses yet, but today I realized that if I turn off the radio the sync button functions as it should. It's when the the radio is on (using the on/off button to the left of the CD slot) that sync doesn't work -- totally mute, no voice, no response to commands. Very weird

#18 ·
I used my SYNC on the way home to remind me to stop by the bank.. It worked quite well. I haven't really used the directions much but it seemed to lookup and download the bank with no problems.

#22 ·
I have my personal cel synched to the car. No problems uploading my contacts etc. The other day, my company deemed it necessary to issue me an iPhone 4s. Is it possible for me to have both phones synched simultaneously so that one or the other could be used at any given time, or is it a one or the other only choice?

#25 ·
Yes my husband and I have our phones both paired and we switch the connection depending on who is driving. This is done through the menu manually have not figured out if phones can be switched using voice menu.

#23 ·
On a related note: while waiting for the car, I was thinking about how we will use SMR, given what I've read about SMR and Sync associating the car to the SMR account via the phone number making the connection not the car's VIN.

Both my wife and I will drive the car. We both have smart phones. Can SMR deal with both of us registering separate accounts and separate phone numbers? Can Sync deal with two separate online accounts, one for each different phone number the car will be paired with? If so, what do you gain? If not, which phone should I register (wife will drive it more, I'm her "IT support") and what happens when the other person/phone is the one using it?

One more question: I read somewhere something to the effect that (some of?) the Sync services are three year free but subscription based and infer from other reading that the Sirius Traffic (among others?) are 6 months free. Is there somewhere that identifies what services are covered under what subscription, term, prices to renew, etc? I'm sure part of the Sync business model is pushing subscription--just not sure I want a car payment that lives forever.

#24 ·
I tried to pair my phone (Evo 4G) with my MFT/SYNC system and while it paired up and will let me dial a phone number by digit, it isn't downloading my phone book. It just hangs there and says "phonebook downloading - please wait".

Any ideas? I had the car on but not running and waited like 45 minutes.

#26 ·
Samsung

Sync has trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.Downloading phone book problems which are usually solved by removing the device and reinstalling it.
The bluetooth audio works but doesn't show the info on the screen like it did with my old phone Sony xperia x10.
I am not really impressed with the sync and wouldn't pay extra for it.

#28 ·
Since I added music to my iPod and reconnected to Sync using the USB, I can't use any voice commands when playing music - I receive the reply "indexing". This has been happening for a week now so I've re-synced my iPod to my iTunes library tonight in the hope that this will correct the indexing problem with Sync.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks

#61 ·
It happened to me today but mine sounds worse. I can't get it to play any music from my iPod or a flash drive. iPod just says indexing and the usb stick says no media files when there is an album on there in mp3 format. Weird and frustrating.

#29 ·
Any one have this issue... listening to one station and than park the car and turn it off. When I come back the radio starts playing a different station. The strange thing is it plays random stations that are not even set in my pre-set. Either my car has a ghost or some one steels my car and plays wacky music and leaves it on their station when they return it. [idea][idea]

#32 ·
Yes it might since you might have been tuned to an HD sub channel and then the next morning the radio is only able to receive the primary, non HD, frequency, for instance. Since some HD subchannels are just different stations, this could result in the experience you describe.

#36 ·
Ok curiosity question here, What would cause the Sync to keep losing the pairing of a phone? We set up my wifes phone as Primary as she drives the car 99% of the time and everytime she gets a call in the car the car gets dumb and decides not to pair up and therefore it does not work.

Montana

#37 ·
buying cell phone to pair

Has anyone had success pairing a T Mobile Optimus Titanium ? It is on the the Ford list as a tested phone but I have read on line of some people having problems.

It amazes me that I have to settle for certain Bluetooth phones to work in my car. I called the Sync help desk and they seem as confused as I am. I love the car but this is almost comical. Bluetooth pairing seems like an after thought to Ford.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.