Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sterling Grey Photos!

282K views 1K replies 241 participants last post by  Slo86GT 
#1 ·
Well, might as well pop this one up too.

Post away!

#837 ·
It's totally worth it. Looks great, protects the car's interior, reduces UV and (in most cases, just a little bit) heat, and you feel more comfortable inside the car without the sun blaring on you as much. Just make sure whatever manufacturer tint you use has a no-fade guaranty. I went with one on my Fiesta that faded pretty badly (Huper Optik, FYI). I took some decals off my rear window and you could see how much darker the tint was where the decals covered the window.

#844 ·
Borbet BS5

They also came with the SEL Premium package (leather seats, etc.) for 2012, and are the only Focus wheels I've found that are also sold aftermarket by their original manufacturer. Tirerack.com shows them as the Borbet BS5.

I love the way they look on the Focus, but they're kinda' heavy compared to most others in the same size, and are 7 pounds a wheel heavier than the stock 16" alloys on the SE. That's a lot. They also look like they wouldn't be much fun to keep clean.

#846 ·
They also came with the SEL Premium package (leather seats, etc.) for 2012, and are the only Focus wheels I've found that are also sold aftermarket by their original manufacturer. Tirerack.com shows them as the Borbet BS5.

Didn't the SEL package become the TITANIUM pkg in 2013? All I see now is either SE or TITANIUM.

#848 ·
... Didn't the SEL package become the TITANIUM pkg in 2013? All I see now is either SE or TITANIUM.
No, they were separate trim levels in 2012 and the SEL was discontinued.

2012:
S
SE
SE + Sport Package
SEL
SEL + Premium Package
Titanium
Titanium + Handling Package

2013:
S
SE
SE + Appearance Package
Titanium

2014:
S
SE
SE + Sport Package
SE + Appearance Package
Titanium

#851 ·
I picked up my new 2014 SGM HB with the Sport package on Saturday. I've read through this entire post as well as several members build threads and now I have some many ideas about where I want to take this car.

Attachments

#852 ·
nice!, i got the same thing about a month ago.

so far ive installed a Airaid CAI, FSwerks stealth exhaust, focus e-RMM, and rally armor mudflaps. soon to come is tint and some spec-d projector headlights. Also a tune whenever i get around to getting my current tuner from my old totaled focus unlocked.

#855 ·
i think those tinted headlights look really good from the front[thumb]

Some pics from a while ago. All of them are dark =/ winter...

#860 ·
Yea! When I saw these lights I knew I had to get them. I've seen other styles out there, but I probably like these the best. Although the TLF lights look sick.

Love how those wheels look with the tinted tails. Outstanding.
Thanks, but the tails are actually not tinted. the housing is black and the lens is clear, but i've thought about tinting parts of it.

I didn't even know this thread existed! This is the second sterling gray Focus that I've owned, a Mk2, and now a Mk3 hatch.
Same, was so happy when I found this and more SGM pics [like]

#859 ·
I didn't even know this thread existed! This is the second sterling gray Focus that I've owned, a Mk2, and now a Mk3 hatch.

It's a gray day in the sunshine state, with a little rain, thought I would grab a picture with the wet hatch. I hope to get a proper photoshoot sometime in the near future since there are so many picturesque places here.

#861 ·

Samu and I have two different versions of the same taillights. His has the black housing with clear overtop, while mine are the black housing, but the outside plastic is smoked.

I love em. But be prepared. The reverse lights are basically useless except to indicate to other drivers. They don't illuminate well. So I like how samu's style doesn't tint the reverse part. It would make backing up a little easier, I imagine.

Samu if you were considered spraying them at all, I've read on here that a gentleman blacked out the inside edge of the perimeter of each light. So it didn't look so much like they have a grey outline.

They also sell a version of these on ebay with a red housing.

#863 ·
I love em. But be prepared. The reverse lights are basically useless except to indicate to other drivers. They don't illuminate well. So I like how samu's style doesn't tint the reverse part. It would make backing up a little easier, I imagine.

Samu if you were considered spraying them at all, I've read on here that a gentleman blacked out the inside edge of the perimeter of each light. So it didn't look so much like they have a grey outline.

They also sell a version of these on ebay with a red housing.
Yea I chose the clear ones because I wasn't sure if tinting the reverse light/ white reflector was illegal or not...or w/e. Instead of swapping the reverse bulb from the stock pair, I just ordered some LED bulbs - that might help shine thru your smoked lens better.

Good idea, I might do that instead of spraying parts of the outer lens

Love those headlights. I sort wish I had gotten those clear tails and not the smoked ones now.
Thanks :). smoked ones def look good, maybe just get a brighter LED reverse bulb?

#864 ·
I have been searching for pics of a SGM with black body kit, either the 3d carbon or zetec just to see how it would look. I've seen a couple here that had the kit match the wheels but nothing as drastic as black. I assume it would look similar to stock since the side skirts and rear are already black just more pronounced.

#868 ·
Yea that would be interesting to see. I've seen some pics with that ebay kit in black on a SGM. Ah, I can't find good pictures. Before they came up just in google, but I can't seem to find it now.

Here's mine!
What front splitter do you have?? It kind of looks like the Bojix one, but better imop. I don't think its the 3Dcarbon or zetec.....
Also did you order your 3dcarbon spoiler color match or get it painted separately?

Ti with all chrome accents blacked out, + wheels, and more~

looks good. is the turn radius even worse with the spacers? I feel like w/ the handling pkg, it turns as wide as a truck :(
a inch drop compared to Handling pkg height?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.