Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Oil leak..back at the dealer.

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Bwill9886 
#1 ·
Well, just had the radiator replaced 2 days ago as it was leaking coolant.

Noticed a drop of oil in the garage this afternoon. Looked underneath and found oil on the rear motor mount and all around that area.

Traced the leak back to the top of the engine (should have looked there first). There was oil all over the top of the the canal were all the plugs are. I was so frustrated I forgot to take a pic and went directly back to the dealer.

Dealer tried to tell me someone spilled oil on top the engine at the last oil change. I told them they did the 30k service about 400 miles prior and changed the radiator 2 days ago.

Seemed the the dealer was trying pass is off as a non issue. Oye. They did keep it and said they would check it out on Monday.

Issues to date:
-Coolant leak from a piece on the driver side of the engine.
-Driver side suspension clunk
-Valve cover gasket oil leak.
-Radiator coolant leak
-Another oil leak, unknown cause.

What next!

See less See more
#9 ·
So the dealer said it was brake cleaner they put on the engine to clean off the coolant.

Are you kidding me?!?!

So they put enough break cleaner on the engine to fill the plug wells, leak down the back, cover various components and drip on the floor.

And then not clean it off as they said they did.....

I just don't know about Ford anymore.

#13 ·
You have got to be kidding me... Do you have any other dealer options?

I know for sure I'd never go back to them.

I thankfully don't have THAT big of a leak, but I do have a minor valve cover leak at the front that I'll be having the dealer look at when I take it in for the 10k service. Hopefully I won't get any of that tomfoolery from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.