Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Engine Mods

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  slow_solo_focus 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm toying with the idea of fitting a 3M cone air filter to my mk1 1.8 Focus
(shown here: http://www.amazon.co...t's quite cheap

Any ideas about?

(1) the air box, do I need to remove it? Can it be adapted?

(2) the breather pipe? where should I attach it

Any ideas?

TIA

Bob :[unsure]:[dunno]

#2 ·
Hi. Do a search here for SRI or CAI mods. Many home-brew and after market options available. Simple answer is Yes, you can do a cone filter.

Sorry I have no detailed answers to your questions... because I am not familiar with your engine.

Cheers!

#4 ·
I'm not even sure if we can offer any good experiences since all the engines we have here are the 2.0L for the same year. I don't know what the 1.8L even looks like. Either way- Technical Chat is not the place for it.
General Technical Chat: This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.
That's from up there^

Moved to Zetec Performance chat which will be the closest we have to your 1.8L - I am sure those guys in there can give you some ideas, and some of their experiences! Best of luck bro!

#6 ·
Yea agreed, a lot of lunch boxes play to the air harmonics/turbulence/ect. At least that's what a few guys say at autox's. Mcm proved this I thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.