Focus Fanatics Forum banner

screw it, svt header swap build

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  sgtsmasher 
#1 · (Edited)
svt header swap build

ok this has so far been....a nightmare, anytime i ever touch this car in regards to mods it never really works out in my favor...and for once i thought that this would have...ive got some pictures to make this easier to follow, starting with what was on it and what is currently going on...and please please dont be scared to throw out reasonable opinions and suggestions thanks...

when i first got the exhaust-3"

the header i bought and had on the car for 2 years

what it looked like when i took it out after two years of running it

what i am trying to replace it with

and the problem that im currently running into that is not making me happy what so ever...the flex and ORP i want to use just isnt lining up at all and its bugging the shit out of me, kind of a short lived journey with the pictures but you get the idea...tell me what you think and let me know your opinions and questions please!

See less See more
#5 ·
Well see i have a custom made flange for the header to go on an ORP, but issue i think lies in the position of the flex, not the actuall flex im trying to use, when im under the car from what i looks like the flex is to high up...meaning the hanger right after it, is making it sit up high and also what im thinking is, is that the flex is to far back. So i think it needs to come foward and down about an inch each and it should line up a lot better, but of course i dont have a welder to be able to do this. also what i was think is the end of the flex once brought down to a better position, the end can be hacked off and the flange repositioned as well and esentially it should all line up, and thanks the 3" is nice to an extent but pain in the balls to work with

#7 ·
#8 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions before i bring the car the chop shop, like i said before what i want them to do is cut exhaust right after the cat take off the hanger bar before the flex, weld the orp and flange they made together, bolt it to the header, line up the flex, bolt that together, cut a chunk out for the resonator weld the cat and res together and and then make sure i have 2 o2 sensors 1 gor the actual o2 and 1 for my new wideband sensor. After i druve it home which would be a quarter mile down the road have turbo tom tune it, and then i should be in beast mode after that :D

#9 ·
so im going to be posting picks of the ORP that the shop made for me 3" custom to that flex and everything fits nice. i just wish that the svt header wouldnt sit so low to the ground on top of my car being lowered. whats the max amount of punishment that header can take before a repair patch should be put in? im talking about something similar to a skip plate lol.

#10 ·
Bringing this back....

How did it work out?? As I was reading your posts, up until you mentioned you got your flex pipe from Trubendz, I thought: "Crap... I bet he got it from Trubendz"

I had fitment issues with my exhaust from there. I still haven't installed my flex pipe. I have a HFC made by Dom to install (which I'm sure I'll have zero issues), and then the flex pipe from Trubendz. I hope it fits properly.

#11 ·
its actually funny you did bring this back cause it was in the shop last night and i got picks of everything to with the exhaust, im not home at the moment so ill post them in a bit. ill have the custom orp to flex to HFC to Res then the rest of the exhaust... and i got everything from mandrelexhaustsystems.com with no fitment issues other then orp, hense why i called it custom [:D]

#13 ·
awe this look very similar to the issues i have been dealing with for well lets just say a long time. i made a pipe that goes from the SVT header to the stock flex pipe.. it can be done with a welder, a home made svt flange, some o2 bungs and a lot of time... looks similar to what i made!! make sure the o2 sensors are in there far enough and not blocked by anything

#15 ·
Well you are clearly using a Zetec flex with the SVT header and of course that's why it wouldn't line up. I had to make a similar pipe to connect my SVT header to my exhaust using a old bent up ORP I got from a local member/friend. Be careful with your motor mounts. I split a poly mount and whacked the crap out of the PS rack. It's leaking now from the pressure lines. On the bright side the exhaust clearanced itself lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.