Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Window Tinting North Houston

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  joesperformance 
#1 ·
Just wondering if any of you guys in or around houston know of a good place where I could get a quality tinting job for my 2010 focus se.

#3 ·
Executive Tint. Believe their on Hilcroft between 59 and Westheimer. They have all kinds of tint inducing the heat blocking ones with ceramic. Can get pinch pricey but they do great work and as mentioned lifetime warranty.

#4 ·
Yes, I went there. They have a few locations, but great quality, and if you are a smooth talker, you can sometimes talk them down a little. I gout like twenty five or fifty off

#6 ·
I have 30% front 20% rear doors and rear window.
I don't remember how much exactly, but like 120-150 and I got the lower of the high grade tint

#9 ·
Actually Texas law states that the windows immediately to left and right of the driver cannot be less than 25%. The left/right windows to the rear of the driver(4dr car) can be whatever you want. They are exempt in the code. The rear window can be as dark as you want if and only if you have functional side mirrors that allow you to see at least 200 feet back from the car.

#10 ·
Ah. I stand corrected.

Now, if your windows have any factory tint, that will be tacked onto the percentage. so a 25% tint would be more like 20% or less

#12 ·
on my green one i have limo on all back three windows and its AMAZINGGG haha cant see in but can def see out plus even with hids behind u they dont blind thru the tint giggity. Got mine done at place in alvin called Sundance Specialties he does really good work and comes with warranty. P.S. welcome to the site =)

#13 ·
I Got my truck done at executive tint. 5% triple in the back and rear sides, triple 20% on the driver and passenger windows. It cost me about 189 cause they struck me a real good deal. I went to the one on gesner and i-10

#14 ·
on a 4 door/sedan.... driver and passenger door have to be 25% and the back doors and rear window can be limo... front windshield can only be 5 inches down from the top or to the AS1 line, even if smaller then 5 inches, which ever comes first, the AS1 line's or the 5 inches.... I'm a State Inspector....

I use Angel Auto Glass on Atascocita Road in Humble.... he did my entire Sedan for $150, all 4 doors, back glass, and front window, i did 35% on front doors and 20% on back end, wish i would of done the limo instead....

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/TX/

http://dmvanswers.com/questions/2363/What-is-the-law-for-window-tinting-in-TX

#16 ·
Sunscreening devices applied to the windshield can't be blue, red, or amber in color.

On the windshield, sunscreening devices must be applied above the AS-1 line. If the vehicle does not have an AS-1 line, the car tint must end five inches below the top of the windshield.

tint can be as dark as u want on the eyebrow....

#18 ·
is that relatively new? cuz last time i checked, it had to be legal like the front doors..

still need to get mine done.

#19 ·
This is as of Feb. 2012,

Here is what is allowed in Texas window tint law:

Windshield
Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line OR on the top 5 inches of the windshield.

Front and Rear Side Windows
The Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%) for the front passenger and driver windows are required to have more than 25% of light being able to come into the vehicle. There are no regulations on what the legal tint must be, neither for the rear window nor for the back passenger and driver windows. The customer can have any level of darkness applied.

Rear Window
Any VLT can be applied legally on this window.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE ON AUTO WINDOWS ACCORDING TO TEXAS WINDOW TINT LAW?

Tinting film can contain metallic elements (silver mirror look) that help to reflect incoming light and reject the glare and heat generated by visible light.

Front Side Windows

Must not be more than a total of 25% reflective. Silver mirror look.

Back Side Windows
Must not be more than a total of 25% reflective. Silver mirror look.

OTHER TEXAS RULES AND REGULATIONS

Restricted Colors
The tint colors of RED BLUE AMBER are not allowed by state law.

Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.

Certificate Requirements
Manufacturers of film need to certify the film they sell in the state. Ask your dealer if they are using certified film.

Sticker Requirements
The sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film and glass on each tinted window.

Medical Exemption
Texas window tint law allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption for window tinting, consult your state law.

#22 ·
i dont mind typing, as long as ppl actually read it..... lol

yea, i put 5 inches on my Focus, even tho the AS1 line is still there, i have a small round black sticker covering it, so u cant see it.... out of sight, out of mind... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.