Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!

157K views 734 replies 111 participants last post by  oritpro 
#1 · (Edited)
SYNC MFT V3.2.2 Update Available on Focus!!!

I had nothing better to do this morning so I checked SMR. It's showing the update is available![headbang]

DA5T-14D544-AH Version Gen2 - V3.2.2

--------------Update 1---------------

The update took 37 minutes. Did a master reset and fuse pull prior to the install. Climate works fine. I'm having a rather odd issue - the system crashes every time I click "Rearview Camera Setting". A master reset and fuse pull didn't help. I'll just let the car sit overnight. If it doesn't fix itself, I'm taking it to the dealer [dunno]

--------------Update 2---------------

Took my car to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't re-flash the software after 6 tries. They were told by Ford that the update on SMR was corrupted. They finally fixed it by taking the MFT unit (APIM?) out and forced the update.

#697 ·
I did my ordered my A4 nav sd card and got it in a day. I downloaded and flashed the update to V3.5.1 and the install went without a hitch. Today I noticed an issue that really annoys me. I dont think it was doing this just the other day(after the update). I have my 5th gen ipod 80gig plugged in to the USB port... when i hit the voice button and give it a command< "play song [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]**" it jsut seems to pick whatever song it wants to, not even close to what i said. All other voice commands are recognized flawlessly for sirius, FM, NAV, climate and phone. What is going on here? I tried unplugging the ipod and replugging it in wiht no change. Should I try the master reset? Anyone else have this issue?

#700 ·
I'm still on 3.0.2 and just checked syncmyride to find out 3.5 is now available for me to dowload(wasn't a few days ago).The site imediately took me to another page were i orderred the a4 nav card.
I have all the standard bugs with my current version so i am looking forward to see what gets fixed...or buggy.

#703 ·
I received the V4 for the Nav in the mail but I cannot download the update from the Sync Website. ActiveX is running and I have tried Explorer and Firefox. It just sits there.

#712 ·
Just rec'd a letter from Ford explaining that the (A)ccessory (P)rotocol (I)nterface (M)odule will be replaced at no charge, part and labor, for 5 years unlimited mileage.

Wonderful. As one who keeps vehicles for the duration, now I get the feeling that long term ownership of this
high tech vehicle is likely to be pricey...

#714 ·
I am on V3.2.2 and Version 3 of the Navigation software and I dont have any issues.

I am wondering if this upgrade is worth the hassle.

Master resets, Fuse pulling, trips to dealership to reflash the system!

Really? this is worse than a Microsoft Upgrade!

#715 ·
Master resets, Fuse pulling, trips to dealership to reflash the system!

Really? this is worse than a Microsoft Upgrade!
These are not new to this upgrade. I've only done one master reset, that was precautionary after this upgrade, thanks to coper....

I've never pulled fuses or had a dealer reflash. I use the delayedreboot.cab when things start getting "clogged up". I've been through 4 versions and have done all the upgrades myself.

#723 ·
UPDATE:
If anyone else has this smae problem here was my solution... hooked up my ipod to my laptop did a factory restore completely wiping my media then rebuilt my playlist.

This seemed to fix my issue. It now works as it did before. IDK what happend, but my playlist metadata or track info must have somehow got corrupted and is now good to go.

#724 · (Edited)
I did the 3.5.1 install on Saturday and it went without a hitch. Replaced the V3 Nav SD card with the Version 4 and all worked just fine. The install took about 60 minutes to complete. I did have to enter in all of my favorites and Points of interest including my home in the Navigation. All of my SAT Preset stations were still ther but they were in a different order. My AM and FM presets did not change. My Wallpapers were also still there.

I did have to resync my iphone (still no texting support) but it works fine. My IPod seeking and use works just fine also.

No Problems with any features, everything seems to be working just fine. I did not have any issues before this upgrade FYI. I haven't realy noticed any big changes in anything with the upgrade.

One bummer on the upgrade: I lost all my Song ALERTS stored for SAT Radio....

#727 ·
I had something scary happen to me this weekend...

I had my car parked in a parking garage and went to grab something out while shopping. When I hit the unlock button on my key, I hear this awful loud popping rumbling noise coming from all my speakers. It was like a mix between a bad drum solo and a shitty motorcycle. I was scared that it had blown all my speakers (it didn't). I had to start the car to get it to stop and it only happened this once.

I have the latest update that I installed last Thursday, anyone else experience this?

#728 ·
It's a well known audio driver error. It's not necessarily inherent in any version, at least as far as we know it's never been patched in any version of mft. Sorry to say there is no cure all for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

#731 ·
I don't believe it! I received a letter from Ford telling me that There was an upgrade available for my Focus SEL 2012. I've done it this morning and I cannot use message function anymore with my Samsung Note II ! And I could before !!!

I've upgraded to 3.5 sync version.

#733 ·
I have the note II as well and messaging sorta works. When a message comes in, it will read the message. Take note that you have to say, "listen to message X" where x = 1, 2, 3 and so on. The command "listen to message" used to work but doesn't any more.

My phone will reply to messages but only using the touch screen while stopped - voice commands no longer work to initiate a message or a reply.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.