Focus Fanatics Forum banner

what exhaust?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Magus2727 
#1 ·
As far as performance and throaty sounding exhausts what would he a good one for my zx3 I'm not so much worried about extreme performance but I want a deeper sound and any good ideas on what headers to get?

Posted via FF Mobile

#2 ·
I've been wondering the same thing. I want a bit better sound, but not so obnoxious that you can't drive it without getting a headache. A sport system would probably be best instead of a racing system.

#4 ·
If you are looking to replace the complete exhaust system, you can look at the Ford Focus SVT header, cfm race cat, cfm flexpipe, and fswerks stealth exhaust system. That would be a good sounding setup without being too loud.

I like the Ford Focus SVT header given it is stainless steel. It flows great and it is proven. That is better build quality too compared to any aftermarket header. http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...esultCnt=40&keyword=focus+svt+exhaust&submit=

#7 ·
Ai just swapped out my stock exhaust with MagnaFlow. Its much better than what came off and it's differently deeper. For the exhaust, you could try either MagnaFlow or Borla. I believe that you can get Flowmasters for your car, but personally they all sound the same to me. So I went with MagnaFlow because I got a lifetime warranty on stainless steel exhaust for $380 with free shipping and no taxes.

#8 ·
If you don't go with the stealth kit I would recomend the Borla with the largest resonator you can get. it sounds good and with the resonator you remove the raspy and the freeway drone that is present in other systems. This basically is "copying" the stealth when you do this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.