Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Bamboozled!!!

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  goodwin74 
#1 ·
Good morning everyone. I was getting some work done on my car when I realized something fishy. Before I start there I will go back to the time when I purchased my SVT. I was told the engine was cleaned up and have some go fast goodies under the hood which panned out to be true. I questioned about the black cover on the engine and was told the cover was replaced. Now back to wroking on my car. I was doing some work under the hood and it dawned on me. The SVT didnt come with a black valve cover and i have no idea if a black cover could fit on it. I jotted down the numbers stamped to the block and it says RFYS4E6090 AD. I tried to look this up to see if this block was a regular ztec focus or if it was a SVT. I really feel that I was sold an SVT with a stock focus engine. I will say one thing though, the engine is extremely clean inside and out, so i'm guessing if it is a non svt engine, it's a remanufactured one. If this pans out to be true then i'm really feeling sick to my stomach and have to go looking for a SVT engine. I do have a 6 speed inside and my vin on the chassis pulls up in carfax and on the title as a SVT. can someone help me figure out this engine fiasco?

#4 ·
Bad news and I'm sorry to say, that's a regular zetec. Also it looks like it was turbo at one point but they probably blew the motor then threw it together as cheaply as they could since it looks like there is no turbo hanging off that manifold from what I can see.

#11 ·
but I guess i cant be too salty cause the car have a damn near new engine, fuel rail, aftermarket motor mounts, msd plugs and coil pack, brand new urathane bushings, brand new front and rear sway bar, brand new rear strut bar, pro tube cai, and a tune on the ecu. the tranny is a 6 speed, and the engine does have quite a bit from the svt engine. thats why i really thought it was one. also there's h&r springs and lowered struts as well. the tires are very good, and the wheels i have no idea what model they are since there's no markings but they look nice. also there's a new paint job (red to black now).

#12 ·
You have the wrong #. That is a head #.
Look lower.

This is the zetec #'S:

Block # is: RFYS466015AD

This is the SVT block:

Block # is: RFYS466015AD

Confusing ain't it.
It's because the SVT and zetec are the same block. The SVT blocks were picked from the line and further machined. On the lower # location it will differ. That location is on the bottom lip of the block, towards the transmission, facing the radiator.

#18 ·
From what I gathered, this car used to be turboed. The previous owner removed the setup and cut all the wires to the controllers and gauges inside. The front bumper even have some slight modification on the inside for the intercooler and piping. Even the inside fender wells were cut. Then there's the 3" exhaust from the headers all the way back to a magnaflow exhaust then 3" piping to the rear bumper that gave it away. I dont see a stock zetek needing that thick of an exhaust pipe on a stock engine. I would think that a car needs some form of back pressure and for a n/a engine that would actually make you lose power to have no restriction at all. I maybe wrong so feel free to chime in. I already replaced the exhaust with a smaller magnaflow exhaust and also added a magnaflow resonator. The entire pipe from the headers on back is now 2.25". I also am working on ripping out whatever type of alarm system the car has. I figure it's the stock alarm thats been modified in some form. I have the Ford key fob and when i press the lock button once it chirps when i press it twice it chirps twice. if i bump the car off goes the alarm. if i dont lock the door a minute later it chirps. if i bump the car it goes off. I live in a respected neighborhood and i hate to piss off my neighbors. I live around mainly LEO's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.