Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT vs Zx4

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Burkeboy 
#1 ·
I know the svt has a zetec motor but does anyone know what all is different in them?

I found a zx4 that has been wrecked but looks good with 86000 miles and its only for 3800.

I love the sedan look[thankyou] but the svt runs good.

My svt needs work and i would probably have to sell i to buy the zx4.

Decisions decisions[8], I'm so confused[?|]

#2 ·
Basically the SVT motor is a built regular zetec motor. Here are some differences between the two (assuming the zx4 is an '00-'04). missing some details but you'll get the idea. This assumes that it is a zetec engine, if it TRULY is a zx4 (2005 onward) then it has a 2.0l duratec which is an entirely different motor. Otherwise the sedan from 00-04 will have SPI, 2.0l Zetec, or 2.3l duratec.

Suspension:
SVT has more aggressive suspension
Some sedans don't come with a rear sway bar and those that do have a smaller one than the SVT
I'm unaware of the differences in the front sway bar but at least for my car i know it is the same size as the SVT

Engine:
SVT has VCT as compared to EGR.
SVT has a completely reworked head and upgraded pistons and ~stage 3 cams.
SVT has a long tube 4-2-1 header compared to the shorty on the zx4
SVT is an interference motor compared to a non-interference on the zx4

Trans:
SVT has the 6-speed, zx4 has 5 speed (or automatic)

Now most parts can be replaced with SVT parts such as suspension, wheels, swaybar, even SVT pistons can fit in the regular zetec i believe. The header is also transferable to a regular zetec. (highly suggest that!)

I am sure there is more that I am missing but this is just the tip of the iceberg with regard to the differences in the two cars

Personally though I would keep the SVT if the only reason you want to change is cause of the look which I totally agree with the focus sedan is SEXY.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.