Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2000 intake manifold

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  iminhell 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me how can I tell if my manifold(intake) is from a 2000?? The 2000 manifold is suppose to help with performance right??

#5 ·
Well I will throw this out there-all of the Zetec motors were rated at 133 hp irregardless of manifold used. I think the real benefit is in the porting and an aftermarket T/B which most of us have combined when doing this swap.
Would really like to see some brave soul out there cross section both styles of manifold and do a comparison.

#7 ·
I have my 2000 installed... but can do the 2001+ manifold... the hard part is capping all the holes and vacuum lines. You have the EGR port, 5 vacuum lines, TB opening, then the injector ports, and might be missing one or two. I tried to fill my 2000 intake with a heavy degrease / cleaner and let it sit and was very unsuccessful in keeping the fluid in.

#8 ·
I have a 2004 intake that I can measure later on today.....

However, I'm not quiet sure what the volume will tell you about the overall flow potential of the plenum and runners?

A flow bench analysis would be a much better measuring tool.... However, that is a measurement that is a little harder to get.

#9 ·
The main purpose of getting the 2000 is due to not having the weld seams and thus are less likely to brake when under boost. the air drag they cause is likely so small its not measurable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.