Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Any Nascar fans out there? Post Up...

36K views 229 replies 22 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
[welcome]

I looked for a Nascar thread but couldn't find anything. Hopefully there's enough fans on here to make this a fun ongoing thread.

I'll start by stating AJ Allmindinger is a DUMB[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]! He ruined his career and a Penske ride all bc he wanted to take prescription speed medication that's cleary against the rules & he knew so! You'd a thought he would have had a little more respect for the sport and learned my that idiot Jeremy Mayfields mistakes.

Went to the Brickyard last Sunday and it was AWESOME, really a great race! Johnson dominated and is now a 4 time Brickyard champion. I'm not personally a "five time" fan but you gotta give the guy respect, bc he's talented as hell, a class act and great for the sport.

Dale Jr's in the points lead for the 1st time since 10/2004 (GO JR NATION), now he just needs to win a couple more races and hopefully he'll win the championship! If not him maybe Smoke will repeat?

Anyone going to the Bristol Night Race on 8/25? Will be my 3rd year in a row and THE best place to watch a live Nascar race; IMO of course. Hopefully my man Tony "smoke" Stewart pulls out a win at Bristol! That'll make my Bistol 2012 weekend all the more better!

So let's hear from all you Nascar fans...

See less See more
#3 ·
Just to get this out there early: Jr is way overrated. In 2004 (the first year I really followed the sport), he may have been worth all the hype, but now, he's just an average driver who gets above average exposure.

And yeah, I'd love to go to Bristol someday if in fact the new track does improve the racing again. I got a little boring the past couple years.

#23 ·
Just to get this out there early: Jr is way overrated. In 2004 (the first year I really followed the sport), he may have been worth all the hype, but now, he's just an average driver who gets above average exposure.
Jr has sucked, big time the past several years but has been Mr Consistency throughout the entire 2012 season. Until his broken transmission last weekend, he was the ONLY driver to complete 100% of all green flag laps.

With the points lead, 9-top 5's, 15-top 10's and an average finish of 9.2 shows that he's here to race and win. Over rated, I don’t think so!

I understand there are Jr haters & Jr fans (allot more so) and he did inherit allot/most of his fathers fans which is natural in this sport yet nothing wrong with it either. All Jr needs to do is win a couple more races (preferably in the chase) and could very easily be the 2012 NASCAR Champion!

#4 ·
I'm a fan of car racing, including NASCAR. I have a number of issues with NASCAR, but it has it's moments too.

I was a JR fan until he went to Hendrick.

I am a Brian Vickers fan. I was a REDBULL Racing fan until they folded.

With that being said, I am very disappointed with AJ. How the hell do you throw all he had away? But, I digress...

So, discuss away... ;)

#6 ·
[nutkick] What was A.J. thinking? I wish I was getting paid big bucks to drive a race car. He will never be back in Nascar. Even if Nascar lets him in, there is not an owner that will take a chance on him. Besides he has never ran good enough to keep his ride.

As far as Dale Jr, go Dale go! I would love to see him win the championship. But that is not going to happen. And yes he is over rated, but I would still like to see him win the cup. But he can not win enough races this year to make that happen.
I am a Ford guy so that being said I think Matt K. is going to win the championship for Ford. And then go drive for the enemy [gunfire] toyota next year.

Also my pick for Pocono Carl Edwards. And I look for the Biff to run top 5.

#8 ·
The Biff & Kensith are the top Roush drivers, where Edward's

[nutkick] What was A.J. thinking?>>>> HE wasn't<<<I wish I was getting paid big bucks to drive a race car. He will never be back in Nascar. Even if Nascar lets him in, there is not an owner that will take a chance on him. Besides he has never ran good enough to keep his ride.

As far as Dale Jr, go Dale go! I would love to see him win the championship. But that is not going to happen. And yes he is over rated, but I would still like to see him win the cup. But he can not win enough races this year to make that happen.
I am a Ford guy so that being said I think Matt K. is going to win the championship for Ford. And then go drive for the enemy [gunfire] toyota next year.

Also my pick for Pocono Carl Edwards. And I look for the Biff to run top 5.
Cousin Carl hasn't been doing great compared to the Biff Or Kensith.

#7 ·
Go Roush. [race]

I was looking forward to watching AJ in a Ford again next year but that obviously won't happen anymore. I don't know who will be in the 22 next year, but I can almost guaranty it won't be Hornish.

#16 · (Edited)
Thats no good

Thats no good ^^^^ It'd be great if Penske built motors for other people, like say RPM since they don't do their own motors. Or if Dodge could pick up the slack.

#15 ·
But it's still a bit of a bummer to loose one of the brands. I'm not a Dodge fan, but I hope Nascar never goes the way of WRC were it's just two competing brands. There's no fun in that.

#17 ·
No they will probably down size the motors to turbo v6's in the future so they can incorperate Nissan, Honda and Hyundai. I hope they don't but they way everything is going, who knows. Just like Formula One and Indycar when they downsized the motors. I dont think it will be better racing, might even be a downfall acually.

#22 ·
Dont know if anyone else saw or heard but earlier in the week AJ Allmindinger on was RaceHub & did an interview with Bob Dillner. AJ said he took an Adderal pill "that he said someone gave to him and told him it was a energy pill".

Allmindinger has to be one of the dumbest SOB's I've ever heard speak. He knew what he was taking and has prolly been taking Adderal for who knows how long. He's done with Nascar for good! There isn't a team, owner or sponsor that would take a chance on him specially when he's a below average driver.

#28 ·
What about the shoe taking Danica out. Is that bad luck or what. [80?] It looked like a work boot. I do beleave she had the car to beat. And speaking of bad luck Jeff Gordan........[?|] Ouch ! Bad carma

#30 ·
What did you guys think about Bristol? I thought all the races (Mods, Trucks, Nation, and Cup) where great. I like Tony S. but come on, Matt K. is a clean racer. I don't think that Matt did anything wrong at all, just hard racing. It is called racing for a reason. It is not called let me pass because I am the defending champion. [scream] Come on Tony! And then there was Danica [nono], she is the one that should be tossing the helmet. LOL [thumb]

#31 ·
Cup race was good (that's the only one I saw); the ending was a little drab, but what can you do. As for Kenseth, he made a bad mistake that cost him and Tony a chance at the win, and he deserved Tony's helmet toss. It would be a different story if Tony wrecked Matt afterwords in the race or did anything more to hurt Kenseth's day, but it really was too early to be racing that aggressively on Matt's part.

#32 ·
Bristol is always an enjoyable race.

Looking forward to Richmond in two weeks. Sitting in Row 8 to the right of start/finish line.

Been watching NASCAR since the early 90's (when I was old enough to understand what was going on). Well never forget the race Dale Sr died. And I'll be honest, I'm a die hard Gordon fan but also cheer for Edwards (bummed neither are doing so hot this season).

Glad I saw this thread [thumb]

#33 ·
No what Tony deserves is a fine from NASCAR. That is totally uncalled for. There is no reason to throw any piece of equipment. No matter who's fault it was. He made himself look like an a$$. If they can fine a driver for getting a microphone shoved in their face seconds after they get out of the car and say something wrong or offensive, then a fine should be taken against helmet throwing.

#36 ·
nope. fans want action. so nascar wont do anything about it. like with the watkins glen race. caution should have been thrown and brad should have won (which my respect for him grows the more i see him race). nascar wanted to put on a show. which they did. and ambrose kicked butt!

but anyways. point is, if the fans don't get what they want, they will get fined. it's that simple. if a driver shoves a camera or mic away then the fans cant hear what they want.

#35 ·
sweet a nascar thread! going to the richmond race this weekend. row 16 on the back stretch. should be a good time. anyone notice ford is making a small comeback in the nationwide and cup series?

#37 ·
I started this thread and glad to see it's picking up. I'm a huge Nascar fan and go to 2-3 races a year. Martinsville or Richmond and Bistol of course are next year.

As far as Bristol, it was an awesome race this year! I was the in row 1 of the Dale Sr section (end of turn 2); I take my dad every year & been going since 2008. The racing, emotion, action and it just being Bristol made it 200% better than the last year.

As far as Smoke throwing his helmet at Kenseth, he had it coming. Kenseth gave Tony no room what so ever, they only had 150-175 laps left when the wreck happened and that was stupid on Matt's part to wreck both cars. Smoke turning and pumping his fist in the air at the crowd was just awesome, but his interview afterwards saying "I'm going to wreck Matt every chance I get... Every chance I get" was even better!

Tonight's race at Atlanta should be a good one. I think Dale Jr is due for a win. As far as the wildcard drivers, Gordon got the best shot at winning tonight.

Post up who you think will win.

#42 ·
Denny Hamlin for the win!! oh wait,guess it doesn't count after the race is over!![cheers] I am a nascar fan,mostly because speed channel doesn't show enough dirt races,I am dirt late model/modified race fan first,If I have time to watch NASCAR after that,so be it. I have put over 10,000 miles on my focus this summer chasing dirt races,even went to the tri city pontoon beach lucas oil late model show they showed on speed channel a couple weeks ago. That is awesome racing!! Well worth the 2.5 hour drive and fighting St louis traffic!! My job has slowed down this summer,so I have had the opportunity to travel to just about every dirt track within 250 miles from my house,and some of them several times. ok,Back to NASCAR and some of the topics being discussed here. AJ? yeah,total bonehead move!! He can be back if he wants to be,but he had a better open wheel career then he had in nascar,so he could do well there if he wanted to. Bristol? been to the spring race twice, several years ago before Bruton messed with it and screwed it up. party central for sure!![drinking] As far as Stewart goes,old dog with big bark and no bite. He knows he can't afford to take Kennseth out every week,because paybacks are a bitch!! he already backed that down. There is a pedal in the middle that can be as easily used as the one on the right. He could have gotten out of the gas when he was coming out of the corner and saw he was going to get squeezed,but he chose not to. Plenty of the race left if he wanted to pay Kennseth back the right way. Although with the new track,looks like the bump and run still isn't back like Bruton planned. Who is my favorite driver? anybody driving a FORD of course!![thankyou] As far as the rules go,yes I am of the group that believes "run what ya brung". If you didn't bring enough this week,bring more next week!! Get rid of the cookie cutter cars that have to fit the same template!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.