Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What transmission do i have?!

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  daspazzZX3 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, in a bind atm and need to know which of the two transmissions i have, IB5 or MTX75

the car is a 2004 jet black zx5 focus, standard with a 2.0L zetec, and ABS

#3 ·
What he said. Any manual trans from a dohc zetec (including svt) will work in your car. Svt has the getrag 6 speed and also requires the svt flywheel, clutch, shifter and linkage but all of that is a direct swap with no fabrication or cutting or drilling needed to make it work

#6 ·
About the SVT trans, DON"T DO IT. Sorry to all the mt285 fans but I can't find hardly any parts for it.
What did you do jeepieboy? Dig a hole in the ground and begin looking for parts there? [chair]

They sell parts on parts sight all over the US. So Im confused by your statement................. [poke] [rofl]

#7 ·
What he means is there is no way to rebuild them, there is just no support for them at all besides clutches and diffs. Some have found a bearing kit in the UK but it doesn't include the syncros just bearings. Once there done for they are done for, where the MTX-75 has a huge after market for rebuilds and custom builds if you really wanted to change the gear ratio's in them.

#8 ·
OK, guess I was a little rough on him.........

You can spanky my now sleepy b0i!!! [burnout]

#10 ·
You may smack me about the head and shoulder sir!!

I have mental issues so sometime I go ovabr0ad! [;)]

#12 ·
Oh I see, you are a used to abuse, it says so in your sig! [;)] [histerical]

Seriously I feel that pain daily! I had major loss in my life and then some!!

If it weren't for Him! Id have given up a long time ago!!!

Opps way of topic!! LOL

Im glad I don't have a getrag I guess! Now I swerved back! [twothumbs]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.