Focus Fanatics Forum banner

CAI or SRI

4K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  choate 
#1 ·
Im debating wether to get a K&n typhoon sri or fswekrs cai, i was wondering what would be better sounding and gains? Help me out guys![8D]

#2 ·
i recommend the sri.. i have the cfm cai currently and its basically the same as the fswerks and not more than a week ago my car started acting up because the filter get so wet really easily it wasnt even raining and modified a sri and havnt had a problem.. i check it often and its bone dry

#4 ·
i was wondering if i need any tunes, since i dont have money to chip my car, I made some makeshift piece of s.... intake earlier, and it was pepboys spectre based basically, it poped up system bank 1 lean codes and it made my sensors go haywire after a while

#5 ·
When I put my intake on , I didn't have to get a tune. Just be sure to unhook the negative battery cable while you put it on and when your finished and hook the cable back up start it as normal, let it idle until the rpm's drop to normal and then take it out for at least a 20 minute drive so your ecu can relearn the new air to fuel ratio but be sure to watch how you take the maf sensor out so it goes back in the same way.
Posted via FF Mobile

#13 ·
I got the fswerks cai on craigslist for $60 bucks, it was a great steal lol. But yeah I automatically found a difference in the tone at high rpms and even a boost in acceleration. I do not have the ITG filter that came with it as the one i bought used was in bad shape so I put a K&N filter on there, words great

#15 ·
X2 love mine, got it for free in an exchange [:)]

Sounds great and adds throttle response !

Here's my steeda intake with a k&n filter (came this way with a worn-out filter when I got it but I put a new filter)

#24 ·
Sri = short ram intake. Its short, like right off the TB boot. Sometimes heat soak is possible with this setup and the right temperature day.

Cai = cold air intake. Its filter or air inlet is down low or in fender where the cold air is. Risky because of the possibility of water being sucked in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.