Focus Fanatics Forum banner

raced an srt4

5K views 39 replies 25 participants last post by  SVT03 
#1 ·
the other day my buddy and i ran them. i had him for bout a second, then he shifted to 2nd and was out like a fat kid in dodgeball [:0]. i may have lost but his shit still looks like a shopping cart. i think he might be sponsered by shop n save. [thumb]

#2 ·
ImRickJames said:
the other day my buddy and i ran them. i had him for bout a second, then he shifted to 2nd and was out like a fat kid in dodgeball [:0]. i may have lost but his shit still looks like a shopping cart. i think he might be sponsered by shop n save. [thumb]
Yeah speed isnt everything. The car has to have style to. The srt is just plain nasty. Speed is all it has going for it in my opinion. And btw, you actually tried to race that thing?!?!?!? [nono]

#13 ·
my opinion.......................f**k and srt-4. i recognize the fact that their fast, but it's still a $20,000 neon.[poke]

#15 ·
They don't have any actual "muffler" do they? At least the one they showed before it went into production didn't. I have heard a few, even just cruising at 5mph in the parking lot they are VERY loud. I'm sure it's great fun for awhile, but sometimes it's nice to be able to roll up the window and have some peace and quiet.

#16 ·
Yeah who cares bout the neon.I had a faster car that I traded in on my svt foci.It was a 01 gt mustang but the car handled like mudd.I got tire of it and traded for the svt foci.Now I'm much happier.alot guy's at work ask me now and then if I miss my mustang and I say hell no. For now atleast I'm in love with my focus.

#19 ·
wow, someone mentioned the srt4 and it has not turned into a flame fest.... i am impressed. [thumb]

congrats on being smart enough not to follow the crowd to the fast, ugly, p.o.s.

#22 ·
Red97sc2 said:
Are you saying the 01 gt is faster than an srt-4? I think the "neon" would actually take it.
I wasn't really saying an 01 gt was faster, I just I had a faster car than a svt foci
and I like the svt foci better.
Anyways the 5spd gt I had ,had BBK cai, borla cat back,& nitto drag radials. And I ran a best of 13.7@101.11. Wether thats faster or not I don't know.Don't know the numbers on a srt4

#23 ·
here is a link to a srt4 forum where they post fastest times:
http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26137

if these numbers are accurate (i did not go through and check all the posted slips) it looks like a pretty close race with your old gt. it looks like the average is high 13s.

however, there are some quite a bit faster then 13.7
there are some low 13s and some high 12s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.