• Wait and See

Votes: 22 11.3%

Shelby Focus ST: Win or Fail?

41K views 168 replies 84 participants last post by  skeets 
#1 ·
See less See more
#146 ·
^ +1

Unfortunately, it seems as if some designers get away from tasteful and practical additions to cars these days-- this vehicle in particular. I say fail, but we will see what the future has in store for our cars!

#148 ·
I'm not a Steelers fan (my first thought when looking at this car)...
My second thought is... I'd look like a taxi driver...
My third thought was... Transformer bumble bee.
My final though was... If I won it, I'd drive it like I stole it... Its a Shelby.
LoL Cosworth and FSWerks thats what we wanna see I bet!

#153 ·
I just don't see it here....... I mean if it were set up with some improvements and performance mods, then yeah...... Maybe. But it's all badges and stickers, some graphics and that's about it. I feel this way about the Roush line too. Toss a bigger turbo on it, suspension goodies, brembos or baers, even wilwoods and add a tune, intake, bad ass exhaust.......then call it a "fanatical focus". Not even a fan of the ST name either. Just my opinion.

#164 ·
QFT

When Shelby collaborates with other performance companies like Roush or FR/SVT, great things happen.
When Shelby goes out and does something on their own they end up with poop like this.

#167 ·
I don't care for it too much. Since it's pretty much all cosmetic, the first thing that came to my mind was that I was looking at a Spoon Civic (with an extra set of doors)...

The checkers on the sides make it look like a NYC taxi, the wheels are too big (19" it looks like).
Fail in my book.

#168 ·
Has anyone seen a Shelby Focus owner here? I would love to get a Shelby merely for the name but 15k is too much for add ons that probably cost 3k. Having said that, a Shelby Focus may hold its value a little better than ST's down the years... Scratch that. Now with the RS here, it won't. :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.