Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -----

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • -----

Votes: 6 75.0%

*WV* 10th Annual Coopers Rock G2G/BBQ Oct. 28, 2012

15K views 156 replies 22 participants last post by  tuvok 
#1 · (Edited)
No, I'm not going to be there (wish I could be[:(]) but I usually start the thread for this annual G2G.

www.coopersrockstateforest.com

LOCATION: Exit 15 off I-68, turn south and follow signs, 13 miles east of Morgantown, WV and 8 miles west of Bruceton Mills, WV.

Find us in the big paved parking lot usually on the right side. The parking lot is a few miles down the road and it's not hard to find since it's at the end of it.

DATE: October 28, 2012 (Sunday)

TIME: Noon-dark.

WHAT IS IT: This is one of our annual Mid-Atlantic events that is usually held in the fall of each year and has been going on since 2003. It's really beautiful up there this time of year since the leaves are changing over to their fall colors. So if you are interested come and hang out! There is usually a ton of food and it's always a great time.

If you plan on camping be sure to pack something to stay warm since it is a bit colder in the mountains.

If you are coming from long distances there are various hotels/motels in the area (Morgantown, WV & Cumberland, MD to name a few) that you can stay at. Just use the website of your choosing to look through them.

DO I NEED TO BRING ANYTHING?: We usually BBQ up there so if you want you can bring food or drink. If you want to bring anything I will add it beside your name on the list.

Usual items are:

-Drinks
-Charcoal
-Cooking utensils
-Chips
-Condiments (Ketchup, mustard, ect.)
-Eating utensils
-Napkins
-Cups
-Burgers, hot dogs, any kind of meat

Those are the usual items. If you want to bring anything else then please do.

ALSO DON'T FORGET A CHAIR! LAWN CHAIRS, CAMPING CHAIRS ANY KIND OF PORTABLE CHAIR WILL DO.

Please be aware that there are other people besides us that will be using the park. Don't litter, do stupid things (burnouts, litter, turn your stereo's up loud, ect.) or bring/drink any alcoholic beverages so we will be able to come back here for years to come.

I think that covers it all. If anything is updated it will be so on this first post of the page so keep checking back every so often

So, who is interested in coming?

INTERESTED IN COMING:

-viney266 +3
-Wobb08 +1
-cody.carr +3
-tuvok
-SDNorm +1
-sporadic +1
-Troyftw
-ThatOneFocusGuy +1
-cdbertrand +1
-Ahuzen
-TiStick +1
-Mumford
-kicker226

See less See more
#6 ·
LOL, I'm sure.

We thought about coming home earlier for this but Aaron wants to go hunting (rifle) & that's not until November in WV. Oh well-at least we can look forward to the photos.

#8 ·
I'd love to go. but i gotta know so i can take off from oystering to come up there. Hopefully my girlfriend will have her focus by then as well.

#14 ·
OH NOOOES!. I JUST found out I have a wedding to go to on the 21st. Lets discuss..Can we do it on the 28th ? Oh please? That was close in the poll... Is there anyway we can all meet the 28th instead...Let me know...

#16 ·
I changed it. It's not like I'm gonna argue with you about it or anything. LOL!

Make sure cardboard Aaron is there too-he missed out last year!

#18 ·
^Added you. If you want to make a thread in the Great Lakes area feel free to do it.

I still feel weird creating a G2G that I'm not even going to be at. LOL.

#23 ·
Cool, look fwd to meeting you. we usually grill have a little food and then take a walk down to the "rocks", maybe take a group car pic. People always bring some good grub, hotdogs, burgers, etc. and there always seems to be a cake or two :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.