Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Hid not working on--

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Slammed_2.0 
#1 ·
I have the Bi XENON For my 09, works great tell I try my brights, and blow a fuse every time[bash], what do I need and please provide a link to were I can purchase the fix
Thanks

#10 ·
no water[drinking]

they a high low kit?
yes that is why the are called BI exon[?|]

Not familiar with the bi setup..... But are you running a fused relay from the battery?
[dunno]No I'm not, that is what I was woundering, because I blow the fuse every time,[nono] if I install the facktory set back everything works fine,[?|] when I install the hid. everything works also ecept the brights[80?]

I used to have a bi xenon set....have the brights ever worked because if not its most likely the hi lo control box is defective so just send it back
this is my second set..[thumbd]

most people dont run hi/lows because they lows are plenty unless you live out in the middle of cow country LOL!
in pa for the inspection you have to have high and low beam switch working.[grinking]

i have a set of hid's that i havent really seen elsewhere, from what i understand bi xenon have 2 filaments, mine only have a single that is about an 1in and a half long maybe a tad more but they magnetically pull back in the h13 socket so it gets higher and wider, terrible lighting on my high beams thought, recently my passenger side light has been turning yellow so i think my ballast is about to go and on occasion one or the other doesnt turn on but turn off and on again and they both work?
glad you found your problem..[screwy]

I used to have the same thing. I'm sorry to say I really doubt that is a fixable problem. I think it may be the ballast taking a dump. I also have the thought it might be the high low control box in the wiring because both of your lights are acting up.
it never worked for the start. second set[?|][bash][?|][bash][?|][bash]

Sounds like there is a short somewhere in your Hid system. Hard to say where exactly. maybe in the ballast maybe just in a wire.
again second set.. So no has a fuse system I gather from the responses,[goofydrunk] and everyone seams to just buy the single cheaper one filament hids[thumbd], and never use there brights anymore?[nono] am I missing something here[bawling]. Maybe I will just put my factory system back in.[histerical]

#7 ·
i have a set of hid's that i havent really seen elsewhere, from what i understand bi xenon have 2 filaments, mine only have a single that is about an 1in and a half long maybe a tad more but they magnetically pull back in the h13 socket so it gets higher and wider, terrible lighting on my high beams thought, recently my passenger side light has been turning yellow so i think my ballast is about to go and on occasion one or the other doesnt turn on but turn off and on again and they both work?

#12 ·
Is it a real bi-xenon kit or no?

Some kits are hid low and halogen high which suck ass

Before I did my retrofit I had a $75 set that comes with dual beam bulbs. There weren't 2 hid bulbs or anything, its one hid capsule on a magnetic plate. When you hit high beam the magnet engages and sucks the bulb into the socket a little (like an adjusting flashlight) and focuses the beam and aims it a little higher.

Anyways was it ever working? Was it direct plug and play?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.