Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ohio Random Thread

87K views 764 replies 49 participants last post by  IngotMK3 
#1 ·
hey everyone in the elyria/lorain area there is a weekly car show at the big lots here in elyria. its every friday around six i think. i just figured i would let everyone know

#166 ·
[facepalm] sorry I haven't been on in a while my computer is broken and my friend shattered the screen on my phone... so I have been very disconnected from everything. Have I missed a lot?

#169 ·
The wife managed 24.51mpg up to michigan with a full load of people and luggage. She also drove from the hotel to town which was about 5 miles or so away. I'll see what I can manage this weekend going to ff

#170 ·
Wish I could go -__-

Anyone have any trucks for sale, or know anyone trying to get rid of one?

I'm starting my winter beater search early this year in hopes that I can actually find one lol, I'm sick of putting my car through the snow and salt.

#172 ·
I've been trying to find one every winter for the past 3 years lol, either I wait too long and just forget about it because it's already snowing, or something comes up and I don't have the money. So I figure if I start saving and looking now hopefully I can find a decent beater. Yeah BMW's definitely are not cheap to maintain, but in all honesty, from what I've seen, they hold up very well. We get a lot of poorly maintained BMW's at my job and other than obvious maintenance items like brakes and tires, there usually isn't much else wrong with them. As a matter of fact, most if not all of the higher end cars we get are neglected, but never really end up needing much.

I put the rack on, but took it back off to paint it. It's kind of a pain in the ass to paint lol too many moving parts. I actually was meaning to ask you, are the rubber pads suppose to sit on those rubber strips on the roof? The bars had indents from where the feet were so I put them there and they sat on the rubber strips, but it just didn't look right, so when I went to put it back on I spread the feet farther apart but it didn't seem like it wanted to clamp the roof right. So it's off right now, I want to get some of that 3m clear tape to put where the feet sit before I put it back on also.

#173 ·
^ I just put the rubber lip on the rack the outside of the black strips on the roof, so the contour of the rear feet was the same as the roof. If you need a hand with it i can check it out some time. I just loosened everything up and set it ware it looked right and then tightened it all up after

#178 ·
Okay, yeah I think I just had them spaced too far apart I'm throwing it back on tomorrow. Might be picking up a bike rack and fairing for it too.

im hopefully gonna be picking up a turbo toyota 4x4 project ill be selling when shes done. low miles motors been rebuilt. not much left to do on her but my buddys moving so hes gotta part with it. if i can get it i could have it back on the road in 2 weeks or so. needs the bed put back on and a new turbo

I'm actually looking for a 2wd because after this winter it's getting bagged... but a 4x4 yota does sound fun. Keep me updated for when you're ready to sell, might be interested.

#175 ·
I have a set of zx3 / zx5 / svt black tinted tails (Sprayed with rustoleum) I'm trying to sell. If anybody local is interested, let me know. I'm trying to get $65, but I'll take (reasonable) offers.

#182 ·
Damnit, I knew I should have been checking FF more often lol, with a price like that it's probably gone, but i'm gonna give it a call tomorrow anyway.

#184 ·
ill believe it when i see pics. anyine gonna be at the lorain county fair tonight? getting ready to go now and im taking the focus. its lookin pretty sad at the moment but atleast its low and has machs lol even if they are mismatched. yioull kniow it if you see it splotchy black sedan with orange split 5 spokes and a bit of reverse rake thatll be getting fixed tomorrow

#185 ·
I'm gonna go to the fair hopefully later. You should post what row you park in so I can try and park there too, and I wanna see your focus. Mine will be the red and black themed sedan [thumb]

#189 ·
Don't be trying to sell out of the marketplace... if that was a rule here lol. [nono]

I went yesterday. I was parked near the bike lot. in the second row.

#193 ·
Anyone local want to go halvsies on a 04 eap for parts lol? 2k is asking price but 1k a piece wouldnt be to bad. want the interior mostly, supposedly has a blown motor. worth way more then the price in parts. probably talking outa my ass right now but I really want this car lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.