engine shaking while idling - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #11
BlackNRed01
Boost?

Fan#: 21668
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 4 BlackNRed01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
sounds like a fuel related problem to me...

Boosted & Back: Parting Out
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #12
summer03
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 25912
FF Reputation: 1 summer03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just got my car back... it was the motor mounts.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:20 AM   #13
mattyd826
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 17144
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 mattyd826 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I left my car in the shop last week and it confirmed my thoughts (one thing I def didn't want) a bent/burnt valve. The car runs well enough right now where I don't want to start stripping it and go a week without it. I have a few options right now but it looks like they all are gonna cost a pretty penny!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #14
dre1283
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9166
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 dre1283 Good Standing Member
I had the same problem, really rough idle at start up, shimmy felt all the way to the steering wheel. The Culprit:Paseenger side motor mount under the antifreeze reservior
Old 09-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #15
ZX3viking
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90020
What I Drive: 2012 Pearl White Mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 1 ZX3viking Good Standing Member
i've had the same problem since i bought the car. it's my 1st car. got it with 115k miles. i had the motor mounts replaced off the bat and did plugs and wires. 2 years later, still the same problem. the thing shakes like crazy and sounds like its going to explode. the whole car vibrates, the steering wheel has like an inch of travel for gods-sake. that's at idle and when decellerating it makes the same noise as well. its much worse in colder weather as well. im dumb-founded.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #16
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84572
What I Drive: focus

FF Reputation: 1 84572 Good Standing Member
Mine idled rough after I replaced the head and timing belt. Here were my problems. Make sure your plug wires are pushed all the way down. I put dielectric grease(grease that conducts electricity and prevents corrosion) into my spark plug wire boots. Check for a vacuum leak. One of my wires wasn't all the way on and I had a vacuum leak. Also check your coil pack. Good luck to you all.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #17
l_Innocent_l
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114363
What I Drive: 2000 Sky Blue Ink SE

FF Reputation: 1 l_Innocent_l Good Standing Member
I had the same problem with my 2000 Ford Focus 2.0L 121 DOHC. Two things were the problem for mine, which might help you. Motors mounts were unsilicated, which needed to be replaced. For the viberation on the engine and steering wheel, the EGR valve will need to be changed. Make sure you clean the area of the EGR mounting nice and squeaky clean before installing the new one, a small air hole or bump will cause it to be damaged and it will have a shorter life span than usual.

Hope I helped! :)

Sources: Myself, Ford Motor Company employee.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.