Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tire recommendations

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Nickrzx4 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a performance tire for my SVTF and was wondering if anyone had a tire that they were really happy with. Its the standard 5 star rim with the 215/45/17 tire. I have been using the goodyear eagle F1 and they seem fine, but I'm about to get 4 new tires so I was thinking of switching it up. I want a performance tire but I also want to get some life out of them. Thanks.

#4 ·
Well I just bought new tires and I am suprizingly happy with the ones I got I was going to go with Con D/W D/W/S tires but they where all back order nationwide by like 27 and I heard some bad exp with them being very uneven once heated up and bubbles not sure why and the thread life was 260s being about 500-600 for a set, got my tires thru ford some cheap times from Capital but i am very happy ride great tread life of 420 even for our 215/45/17 that better then the yokohuama i had on it before. Some a month in they're nice affordable and have alot of tread life

#7 ·
Summer tire recommendations from our friends at Tirerack:

"Extreme performance summer tires will suit your needs if you're looking for all-out handling, taking your daily driver autocrossing on the weekend without an extra set of wheels, or just hooning on the street. Do not consider this category if you're looking to use the tires in near freezing temperatures, need a tire that is comfort-oriented, want a tire with a 15k mile lifespan, or for driving at high speeds in deep standing water.

Inexpensive extreme performance summer:

Hankook Ventus R-S3 (best bang for the buck)
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec (very versatile)

Premium extreme performance summer:

Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD-08 (very versatile)
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 (best riding tire in its class)

Max and ultra high performance summer tires will suit your needs if you're wanting a little better ride quality, little better lifespan, and better wet grip than an extreme performance summer tire. They too are not intended to be driven in near freezing temps, and offer a shorter life than an all-season tire.

Inexpensive max and ultra high performance summer:

Continental Extreme Contact DW (best bang for the buck)
Sumitomo HTR Z III
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo
Yokohama S.Drive

Premium max and ultra high performance summer:

Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport"

#8 ·
^^^do the conti's or the michelins, their your best bet most of the others will prob give you a rougher ride or be noisey. Im sure they all perforom well but those two are the best out there for summer/rain rated tires.

#9 ·
As Geezer & 05focusST91 stated, The conti DW's/Hankook v12's & my personal fav= the Dunlop star spsec's. Hit up Jillian@ Tirerack for prices on these great tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.