Focus Fanatics Forum banner

DDM Tuning = scammers

8K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  badazz2010focus 
#1 ·
This was for my bike, but know people purchase from them for Foci...

I bought a 55w Dual slim HID kit from DDM in 2009 for my motorcycle with the lifetime warranty on the ballasts. Fast forward to 2012, one of my ballasts goes bad. I don't even ride that much anymore. So I go to return it. DDM requires the original/invoice number. The old email I used to purchase these is no longer owned by me so I don't have the original order number. But they must have it in their databases like any basic business right? Wrong. I tried contacting customer service via email...that got me nowhere. It's like they didn't even read what I wrote. So I call and speak to John. He says that since they replace their database in 2010, they have no info about any orders made before then. Also informs me that I won't be able to return my ballast even with the lifetime warranty because I don't have the order number.

I feel like I've been scammed. What business upgrades a database and discards all previous orders, while offering friggin lifetime warranties? Guess DDM does. Filed a complaint with BBB and let DDM know how I felt.

Also it's not like I could've bought the ballasts from someone else..they have DDM logos built into the actual ballasts!
Don't order from these scamming pricks! Besides I heard their quality has gone wayyyyy downhill in recent times.

See less See more
#2 ·
if they dont have the database, they wouldnt even know if the order # u gave them is legitimate. so give them a random #?

#4 ·
Like the great Tommy Calahan once said..."Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

#5 ·
Interesting....
I have a friend that goes on and on about get a DDM HID kit they have lifetime warranty blah blah blah, for half the price I go on ebay and get the same thing, have had the same ebay HID kit in my cougar for the last 3 years NO PROBLEMS.

I have bought a fair share of HID kits for my cars and friends cars though and from my experiences I steer clear of the slim ballasts, they don't seem to have the same quality as the larger ones.

#6 ·
I have never had any problems with them but again they are local to me. Ive always walked in. Friends have never had a problem with warranties from them. Personally I could honestly care less about a lifetime warranty on an HID kit that costs less than a good set of halogens.

#9 · (Edited)
M

It's the principal of the thing of them telling me I'm SOL cuz they can't manage a database like a functional human. Hell and Excel spreadsheet would've worked. I paid extra back then because of the warrantyand the rave reviews about them. I could've spend $20 on ebay at the time. Also I've recommended them to so many people. Nice to see they've effed other people over as well. Hope they go out of business.

#7 ·
you know what business has the same problem? oreillys. no info on checker customers. could not offer warranties on their stuff.

manager power... should work I would hope.

#11 ·
I have a 55 watt DDM tuning kit on my car for the past 3 years or so and in that time 3 bulbs have gone out (my first pair lasted 18 months before a bulb went out). I always had a cheap $10 pair of spare HID bulbs just in case it happens. I attribute it to having the headlights on during most of the daytime driving as well as night, and that they are being driven at 55w instead of 35w.
So I just log in to their web site and submit a ticket saying a bulb went out and then they tell me to ship the pair of bulbs (even if only 1 burnt out). I swap in my spare HID bulbs. Maybe 1.5 weeks later I have new bulbs from them and put them in.
No problems.
Not having the original email address; they didn't acknowledge the warranty even if you live at the same address, phone number and the order invoice?

#12 ·
So does the warranty card say you have to keep all that to claim your warranty? If so, you have failed to uphold your part of the warranty and DDM is perfectly in the right on not replacing your parts. I keep all my warranty cards and receipts for everything I buy in folders for each item. I have never had an issue with warranty requests since I have done this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.