Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Dads03SVT

5K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  Dads03SVT 
#1 ·

Old pic when i had Dark Laminex

Now the wheels are powdercoated gunmetal...

Like this.....

And the 148,000 mile SVT power....[:)]

And a little rear shot..Euro tail's & dual exhaust....[:)]

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks....Yeah i wrapped the Lip in Vinyl first to see if i liked it....a year later i sanded it put about 10 coats of Duplicolor on it and 5 coats of clear. Turned out pretty good. Figured it didn't have to be perfect seems it's easy to scrape sometimes.

Right now the clear is chipping off the rear bumper....the sun just kills this red paint.

But for now next thing going on is my 2nd timing belt, red intake couplers (CFM) & a freshly powdercoated red valve cover. Stock clutch is still holding, but my new LuK kit with axle seals, flywheel bolts & a few other pieces will go on in the future.

#11 ·
Can said gloss red....it was almost a near match. After i sanded it i added Bullydog adhesion promoter to help the paint stick to the plastic.

It's not smooth as the car's finish....but it will get smoother the next time i respray it, probably in the spring.

#17 ·
Ouch man, I hope you and your family are okay. That mach 1 lip is epic when it is color-matched, I think yours is the first one I have seen like that. Where did you mount the reverse lights? SvviftSVT aka Daniel mounted them behind his rear diffuser, they look awesome like that!

#31 ·
Thanks guys....yeah it's a Mach Lip...i painted it.

The wheels are a gun-metal powdercoat...I have 2 sets thinking about coating them that Hyper silver color (kinda stock)...no one seems to really like my idea of Massive purple 5 spokes with a red stripe. [dunno]

This is what i drive if we have snow...bought this new 23 years ago with 3 miles on her...

Rear shot of the 38 14.50's

#32 ·
Thanks guys....yeah it's a Mach Lip...i painted it.

The wheels are a gun-metal powdercoat...I have 2 sets thinking about coating them that Hyper silver color (kinda stock)...no one seems to really like my idea of Massive purple 5 spokes with a red stripe. [dunno]
If you want to do Massive purple on your wheels w/ a red stripe on your red svt, I'd say thats up to you. For me Red & purple clash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.