940 91-98
960 94-00
C70 98-00
60 Series 00-03
70 Series 98-03
90 Series 98-00
XC90 03

In my opinion the best wheel and tire calculator. Tire Calculator

Snow is just around the corner in the northern states, thought this might come in handy.

See less See more
#52 ·
Was bored at work so I went out to the car and busted out the widowmaker. Studs are 1 1/8" (1.125) in length from the hub.

#56 ·
I may have to end up going with some spacers myself. Turns out the Handling Package 18s have the same backspacing as my new 17x7.5" wheels with a 60mm offset.

#57 ·
I have a 2012 Titanium with sport package on order and it comes with the 18"x235x40 tires but I may order a new set of wheels and tires instead of buying new rubber for the 18's. If I do this I will likely go with 17" wheels with 215x50 tires due to better mpg and lower cost. What would be the proper 17" wheel offset with that setup?

Brian

#62 ·
Axis Sport XMX, 18x8 +45.

They're available through Tirerack, haven't seen them anywhere else.

Overall, I love them. They were released in March in a matte charcoal finish, which I liked, until they surprised me with a silver finish that came out a few weeks ago.

Hoping they won't become a wheel that everyone has, but at least I was the first to rock them. [thumb]

#64 ·
I just ordered these for my 5dr Blue Candy Titanium. They are 17x7 with a 40 mm offset. Got them from discounttiredirect for $110 each with free shipping and a $50 rebate. Best looking ones I could find for a good price. I'll post some pics once I get them on. Also found some nice ones on tire rack but shipping was more, plus no rebates.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...2012&pc=57852&counter=1&wd=17&rw=7&vid=020254

#66 ·
I just found this thread. This is great news for me. I will need snow tires next year and I have a set of after market wheels in my parents' basement from my 91 t-bird that my mom has been yelling at me to get out of there since I moved out (in 2004. lol). Next time I'm down there I need to measure the backspacing to make sure they fit.

#67 ·
Usually the wheel's measurements (diameter, width, offset) will be stamped into the back, on the spokes. That should be more helpful than a tape measure!

#76 ·
Here's your problem - bolt on adaptors take up generally 25mm of offset. The factory offset is relatively high at +50 to +55, depending on what your car is equipped with. A 7" wide wheel with an offset of +35mm is considered flush on the '12 Focus. Anything more than +35 will stick out past the fender. If your tire choice isn't carefully considered (i.e. stretched fitment), you will experience tire rub if you're lowered.

If you go with an identical offset as stock in a 7" wide 5x100 wheel and use a 25mm spacer, that takes up 25mm of offset, leaving you with an effective offset of somewhere from +25 to +30. That puts your wheel lip outside the fender and in need of a stretched tire to prevent rub and not look, for lack of better terms, 'ghetto.'

I suggest that you do your homework if you're intend to go this route. I don't really endorse the use of lug adapters in general anyway.

#77 ·
Well, it's for information exactly like that for which I was asking. Thanks. :) I wonder if fender rolling would give me more room to work with if I wanted to go 5 x 100 without looking like my car came straight from the 'hood. I'm not sure if the result is worth the price of admission, especially if I wind up with lowered suspension and camber plates etc.

It just seems no one has much love for 5x108 out there, aftermarket-wise. :(

#79 ·
I guess I'll count my blessings then? Every person's tastes are different, and if mine don't happen to fall into the category of TireRack's (sort-of-impressive) selection (but great prices, for sure), then I guess I'm SOL, huh. I'd like to hope not, especially since my taste in wheels is more to the JDM side.

#80 ·
I can sympathize a bit - took me a long time to find something I liked for my Focus. I've always been more of a euro/OEM+ person though, so I got lucky.

You could also try getting a set of wheels filled and re-drilled to 5x108. 5x112 (VW fitment) isn't too far off. Some Volvo guys have done that with varying degrees of success. Honestly, I'd pursue that route over slapping a set of hub adapters on.

#84 ·
Ya MB Wheels from Discount are horrid, I had a set for my MINI and they bent by looking at them. That was a bad purchasing choice, but at least they cost me hardly anything.

And a better quality wheel shouldn't bend as easy as a wheel with poor quality. Balancing also becomes and issue, especially with gravity cast wheels. I don't know though, I just have a tough time accepting wheels that aren't from a known manufacturer, especially after the MB Wheels horror.

I am not looking for anything racecar worthy, but having something that can take some bumps on Detroit's streets without falling apart or bending like butter is something I really take into consideration. But like I said if they have a TUV, JWL or any other cert they are going to be good enough to run on your car since they were quality checked but a third party organization. Stick with those and you shouldn't have a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.