Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Painted some pillars, opinions please...

5K views 43 replies 28 participants last post by  ricky_noel 
#1 ·
Let me start off by saying, I am on the fence on this so far. However, I am not redoing it, I kinda can't. I definitely have a silver and black theme developing around my car. The shift knob, the door panels, the radio bezel, and the aluminum gauge bezel I am getting for the cluster....little touches. I tried to darken the interior by painting the A,B,C pillars, oh [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* handles, and the little ring around the dome light black. Once I got it all back in I wasn't quite sold.

I didnt paint the part around the seatbelt height adjust because the paint would get shear right off the first time it was adjusted. Also, I need to get/do something to the visors to make it match, but I don't know what. I heard that paint and dye flake off that material cause it is so flexible.

Nick

See less See more
#4 ·
looks good. hooray for blah gray sedan interiors

#7 ·
i've wondered how difficult this would be...i've got the black interior but would love to paint all that grey stuff and maybe get a black headliner...sometime way into the future, lol.

anyways, looks good. two thumbs up. pics aren't the best quality (camera phone?) but just from what u posted, i like it.

#9 ·
I like! Said above, it's subtle... I always cringe a bit when I see the "painted interior" threads, I'm not into that fluorescent green and yellow[:D]
Yours does look like the way it should have came from the factory.

#11 ·
I think I figured it out tonight!!!

Something was off, and I think this is it...

The black flows well with the small black triangle on the back doors, and the black piece that has the manual mirror control. However, there is one serious problem, right in the middle of the cascade from A to B to C, there is this big ole sore thumb of the original light grey on the B pillar, where the height adjust is. I originally opted not to paint this because it will probably get scratched as the belt is adjusted....but its the problem, and it must be done. (Heck, I think it could be even better if I could paint that piece medium graphite, but I probably can't find that in spray cans without getting it specially mixed.)

Nick

#13 ·
paint the adjuster pieces and see what happens. I bet it will be fine. Later down the road when you get some extra $ go ahead and get a black headliner and get the visors recovered with the same black fabric as the headliner.

That is exactly my plan at least. i plan on having all black up top, the stock grey in the middle and eventually a rear seat delete (I have a pitch black hatch) with black and grey Corbeau seats and black carpet throughout.

#15 ·
I painted the adjuster piece black, and shot just the button itself with some leftover cd silver.....I like it SO much better. I want to post more pics, but I need a new camera. All I have is my phone and as you can see, blah pic quality. Thanks for all the compliments!

Nick

#16 ·
Question. No foci came with those parts in black? I know that the zx3 would have more luck since we had the fewer changes and might have more years to choose from.

my case is Im putting in a CF headliner, i need to get all the stuff mounted to the liner in black. I dont want to paint any of it and I dont want to re vinal my visors. all three pillars will be on CF too. just dont know what to do about the belt adjust, do it in CF and rub the hell out of it or get a black one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.