Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Painted some pillars, opinions please...

5K views 43 replies 28 participants last post by  ricky_noel 
#1 ·
Let me start off by saying, I am on the fence on this so far. However, I am not redoing it, I kinda can't. I definitely have a silver and black theme developing around my car. The shift knob, the door panels, the radio bezel, and the aluminum gauge bezel I am getting for the cluster....little touches. I tried to darken the interior by painting the A,B,C pillars, oh [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* handles, and the little ring around the dome light black. Once I got it all back in I wasn't quite sold.

I didnt paint the part around the seatbelt height adjust because the paint would get shear right off the first time it was adjusted. Also, I need to get/do something to the visors to make it match, but I don't know what. I heard that paint and dye flake off that material cause it is so flexible.

Nick

See less See more
#29 ·
HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN!

seriously, how do people find these threads that are so old?! in any case, i think i've commented on this thread before, but i'll say it again, looks good and i plan to eventually do that along with a black headliner. after i get black leather seats. lol.

#38 ·
This really grew on me since I did it. I love it, and I actually really enjoy the contrast with the light headliner, especially since I did the visors as well.

However, they are showing wear. I tried to fit an LCD tv in the back seat and scuffed them up. I think I will re-do them one day, and probably try some adhesion promoter, as well as some matte top coat or something else for durability.

Happy modding.

#41 ·
They are all snaps, just have to pull in the right places. Take off the trim above the doors first, and you have to remove the seatbelt in order to take them off. Just unbolt the seatbelt from the floor behind the seat.

Unfortunately, I did this so long ago I forgot exactly where the snaps were.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.